In the market for a new mattress. Halp

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
We've got a Purple 2 and Purple pillows. Couldn't be happier. My wife's back pain and my knee pain disappeared a week after we replaced my old ass mattress.
I'm trying to find something to make my wife stop putting up a barrier of pillows on her back every night. She doesn't think a new mattress will do it. :hs:

But fuck if this isn't difficult to decide what to go with. :hsd:

Reactions: Scottwax

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Yes, much more solid and cooler temp wise than the Casper, probably will stick with them moving forward.

We have had it for 4.5 years now and it still seems as good as day 1 it doesn't seem like a cheap foam mattress.
+1 my nectar I've had for probably about 4 years now and it still seems like the day I got it.

next thing I want to get is an Ooler Chilipad which circulates water at a thermostatically controlled temp so it can cool/warm you overnight

Reactions: djnick

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
I'm trying to find something to make my wife stop putting up a barrier of pillows on her back every night. She doesn't think a new mattress will do it. :hs:

But fuck if this isn't difficult to decide what to go with. :hsd:
As soon as my wife laid down on the Purple 2 (Rooms to Go), she said this was the one even though it is more than we initially wanted to spend. Turned out to be worth it. For us, the pillow with a single spacer is enough.

Reactions: Twinsen

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I need someone to make a matrix chart of every make & model of mattress and their dopplegangers at each store. I am kind of dreading laying on mattresses in the coming weeks, but I guess having a comparison chart would make that a little more palatable. :hs:

Last edited:

EMML

Oct 5, 2021
After getting rid of a fairly new hybrid (some kind of Serta or Sealy-can't remember), we looked specifically for an old-school flippable inner-spring mattress. (We wanted no crappy memory foam.) Found one locally at Jonathan Steven's, and have zero regrets several years later.

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
Last mattress I bought (for my son's bed) was from some outlet store that looks like a crack house for like $300 and it's really good.

Reactions: Twinsen

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
After getting rid of a fairly new hybrid (some kind of Serta or Sealy-can't remember), we looked specifically for an old-school flippable inner-spring mattress. (We wanted no crappy memory foam.) Found one locally at Jonathan Steven's, and have zero regrets several years later.

Not a fan of memory foam either and it's terrible for sex.

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
I have turned the corner on memory foam since staying in a couple of airbnbs with master bedrooms with partial memory foam.

Was it memory foam coupled with springs? A hybrid sounds like a good match. Now you all have me looking at Winkbed.

Reactions: DasVWBabe

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Was it memory foam coupled with springs? A hybrid sounds like a good match. Now you all have me looking at Winkbed.
Yup. Both hybrids but obvs some foam. It's what got us looking for new mattresses. 😆

Last edited:

Newt

OT Supporter
Sep 11, 2003
NVloc - 514.QC
Bed hasn't really bothered me. Wife has been constantly stuffing her back with ALL the pillows when it's time for bed though for the last two years. So I guess it's time.
I rolled over to my SOs side of the bed at one point and was like "what the hell, you sleep in a divot?" And she was like "wait you don't?" And then she tried my side and now we have to get a new mattress.

Fin.

• Haha
Reactions: Carne Seca and EMML

Hyperite

Vagina Junction
OT Supporter
Apr 29, 2002
Seattle, WA
Test driving a Purple 2 hybrid right now and my wife and I both hate the springs. Likely to return it and get the Plus.

We loved the Eight Sleep hydronic mattress but the hub pump started making buzzing noise that the engineers couldn’t fix, and replacements had the same issue, so they took back the whole setup after over a year.

Twinsen

Resident Negro
OT Supporter
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Jesus Christ, Mattress expected to deliver tomorrow. I was thinking it would be here next week since I didn't get any tracking info. :bowdown:

But my wife isn't going out of town until Saturday, and that's when I was wanting it to deliver so she's not all in the way.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Er ko kary