FIT Incomplete recovery after strenuous ab workout

Status
Not open for further replies.

warm

Capitalism ftw
Mar 9, 2003
Seattle/Kirkland
Have any of you ever heard of something like this happening to someone?

Pre.S.: I know it's long. Also, looking back on it now, I realize there were all kinds of things wrong with what I did to my abs, so I'm not looking for criticism there... I just want to know if anyone has experienced or heard of something something similar.

About 3 weeks ago, I decided to work out with a couple friends who were doing "Arnold pyramids" for their ab routine, where they'd essentially take some dumbbells in each hand and do sit-ups on a decline bench.

The pyramid was:
... I stopped here out of pain.

Well, it'd been a while since I'd done abs, so I just did regular sit-ups with no weight, then added very small (no more than 5lb) in each hand until my 5th set (12). I couldn't finish that set, so didn't continue.

Well, two days later, I could hardly move, and could hardly walk up-right. My piss was funky, a very dark yellow-brown, and this lasted for two days. I drank a LOT of water (~1.5 gallons/day), thinking that my body was trying to wash out waste.

After the soreness went away after about 6 days, I found that my lower stomach felt very jiggly. This was very unusual, considering I'm a pretty scrawny guy. I had visible pudge around that area, and it was tender to the touch.

Fast forward to today: I can still not do sit-ups 20 days after the initial work-out. I feel like there is simply no muscle there - it's not weak or sore, it's just gone. It's so fucking strange...

Thoughts? Suggestions? :hs:

Canuckistan

Jun 16, 2004
Vancouver
man have you gone to the doctor in the mean time?

i woulda gone in for the piss alone when drinking that much water..thats weird

Skeletor

goddamn... drinking 1.5 gallons of water a day and pissing out brown/dark yellow? :ugh: something is seriously wrong.

if you can't do a situp, even after a really strenuous workout (much less 20 days after), then something is wrong.

94civicEX

May 19, 2003
Utah
Hmm, I'm going to go with hematuria caused by excessive excercise for the discolored urine. It has since subsided, right?

You need to go to the Dr. asap for your pain and tenderness.

TS
TS
warm

warm

Capitalism ftw
Mar 9, 2003
Seattle/Kirkland
I went to the doctor, no it's not a hernia, and there's no longer blood in my urine. I just haven't recovered from that one workout and it's unlike anything I've experience before as far as recovery delays go because I'm still nowhere near where I was. There's no pain when I do it, there's just a disturbing lack of functionality.

:dunno:

94civicEX

May 19, 2003
Utah
warm said:
I went to the doctor, no it's not a hernia, and there's no longer blood in my urine. I just haven't recovered from that one workout and it's unlike anything I've experience before as far as recovery delays go because I'm still nowhere near where I was. There's no pain when I do it, there's just a disturbing lack of functionality.

:dunno:
Might want to go to a Sport Medicine doctor and get a second opinion on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana