ART Insuring equipment through home owners insurance...v.Geico

Unknown User

Aug 11, 2003
In Your Mind
Anyone do this? What are the costs associated with it? I have about $15k in equipment that I would like to insure against loss or damage.

My biggest fear is that someone takes my lenses or other equipment while I'm doing a wedding. What do you guys use and what are the approx. costs associated with it?

quid

I Piss Excellence
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2004
california
call geico.

not sure if your homeowners will extend to you shooting a wedding, you may need a separate business related policy.

ask them.

TS
TS

Unknown User

Aug 11, 2003
In Your Mind
call geico.

not sure if your homeowners will extend to you shooting a wedding, you may need a separate business related policy.

ask them.

I'd rather just not bring the business end into it. I'd tell them I'm just a person who loves to take pics.

jigelow

Dec 16, 2010
I image it'd be a separate rider. Geico doesn't actually provide renters or homeowners insurance. They just selloff to companies that do. I signed up with Geico, and te actual provider is Travelers. My wife's rings have a rider, it's roughly $110/year/each $10k insured.

White Chocolate

3 Sport Athlete before Age 10
Sep 18, 2007
AZ
I work for Farmers. No limit on camera equipment. Just computers, silverware, firearms, jewelry, fine arts, money, memorabilia, etc. Your property is covered anywhere in the world. Named perils coverage

turbodude

Just a photographer
OT Supporter
Jun 17, 2002
Las Vegas
i assume if they know you do it as a business as well they can say no to your claim, just get business insurance if you have a business and call it a day

quid

I Piss Excellence
OT Supporter
Aug 28, 2004
california
I'd rather just not bring the business end into it. I'd tell them I'm just a person who loves to take pics.

you say that now, but when they deny your claim because you were shooting a wedding for profit and their contract says personal use only you will be up in here bitching about what a scam insurance is.

Not sure if thats actually the case, like i said, call an agent.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan