Discussion in 'OT Technology' started by iridium130, Feb 5, 2008.
my wallet, it is empty
archos still > for the price.
drop the flash media, drop the edge and go to 3g on the iphone. then i'll buy
Probably bootloader 4.6 on the new iPhone
If you think about the fact that they are charging $1000 for the 64gb ssd then $500 for a 32gb isn't all that bad considering you get an ipod/ wifi device with it. Obviously its still expensive, but thats one way to look at it...
No one else can touch Apple's pricing on 32GB of flash memory.
i want one of each
I have an 8GB iPhone and I just don't see me being able to fill up a 16GB.
You could fill it with movies but why do you need to carry around that many movies at once? I think 8GB of music, TV shows, and movies is fine for right now.
should I buy the iPhone now? I need a new phone...but I don't want to get screwed when they release a 3G iPhone out of nowhere in a few months or something.
Bring on the 3G!!!
I'm waiting, patiently...
hold off. the next gen is coming soon
How soon? I really want an iPhone with my tax return.
I highly doubt itll be anytime soon, probably ATLEAST 6-8months since they just refreshed them with a 16gb option. Software updates for now. Id just say get it and enjoy it.... no need to wait.
nothing in stone, but don't expect an announcement until august at the absolute very earliest, and that means at the earliest a November launch. just buy the current one unless you need to teether
im very happy with my 8gb..
i got like 4 gbs available.
I have 30gbs of music in my laptop.
this is a 6 month refresh, the next hand set will likely be in another 6 months (1 year from the launch of the original handset) and then another spec bump 6 months after that....ad infinitum.
This update pretty much tells us what Apple's product launch cycle will be on the iPhone. Large companies (particularly Apple) have very regular launch cycles on most products, set by market demand.
Big iPhone news of about two weeks ago was around a slowdown in orders to iPhone suppliers by Apple. Market demand probably went a little soft after the holidays and now the memory increase and pending SDK launch are probably Apple's plan to carry iPhone sales for the next 6 months while they get the next hardware version ready.
This stuff really goes like clockwork, so there will be few surprises about any iPhone spec bump. A 3G version will have to get FCC approval and FCC filings are public info, so either the FCC will leak the existence of a 3G iPhone (doubtful) or it will be announced before it goes to the FCC. Either way, everyone will know that a 3G iPhone is coming at least 60+ days before it goes on sale.
If you want an iPhone now, buy an iPhone now. Waiting for the "next great version" is futile because there is likely to be new hardware every 6 months. The only question you have to ask yourself is "does the iPhone currently do everything I want it to?"
its for sure this year so its up to you on how you will take that. personally im holding off. im using my tax return too but it can wait. id hate myself buying one now then the update being this year for a new generation
just get it right now.
Take care of it, once the 3g comes out, sell it and buy a new one.
if they had dropped the 8 gigger
priced that 16 gig at the 8 gig price
the 32 gig at the 16 price
i'd be heading home right now with a 16 gig one... $400 is still too rich for my blood.
I cant fill my 4gb iPhone. It has all the music I listen to on it plus a couple hour long shows, with a little room left.
personally i could give 2 shits about 3g... i just want MMS's damnit!
Thanks for tellin us 3 times
wasnt done on purpose. Opera froze or some shit,then decided to do whatever it wanted i guess
Same here.. thats all i want. I recieved 4 today and couldnt see them in the stupid viewmymessage.com website