SPORTS Is anybody on OT into BIRDING?

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
I know I'm gonna get razzed for this heh heh but I enjoy looking at birds through binoculars and identifying them. and I was wondering if anyone else does the same.

labeling as SPORTS to really get the conversation off on the right foot.

Check out my photos from the summer!

Reactions: cjonesy22002

SBrooks1

I Bomb Atomically
OT Supporter
Nov 28, 2002
Virginia
labeling as SPORTS to really get the conversation off on the right foot
giphy.gif

Jinx

forever sugarplum
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
The guy that owns the retired draft horses down the street a bit says that he has a golden eagle that nests there in the winter. As I've mentioned before, we have a crazy amount of birds in this state.
there's a bald eagle that lives somewhere along the way between my house and my husband's. i've seen it on about 70% of my drives back and forth, and i always get excited about it :rofl:

• Cool
Reactions: obscure/renegade

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
there's a bald eagle that lives somewhere along the way between my house and my husband's. i've seen it on about 70% of my drives back and forth, and i always get excited about it :rofl:
I don't blame you. Few people appreciate just how big and amazing these fuckers are when you're up close.

A good friend of mine went to vet school in Auburn AL, focusing on birds; she had a hawk she was rehabbing at her clinc a few years ago. You should have seen it, Jinx. When it watches you, it only blinks one eye at a time so it never loses where you are. And the talons were easily as long as my middle finger. And their head is like a gyroscope, you can move the body around and the head stays in place, tracking whatever it's looking at the whole time. They are badass.

• Love
Reactions: Jinx

Jinx

forever sugarplum
Sep 25, 2005
Indianapolis, Indiana
bald eagles are relatively common in the nature reserve by my house but they're always great to see of course. also cooper's hawks, peregrine hawks, turkey vultures, red-shoulder hawks, etc.

still haven't found an owl, but i'm a stark beginner
i was at my husband's house taking the dog for a walk before bed, and i heard the softest "whooooosh" behind me. i looked up and saw a big ol owl ass flying overhead before it vanished over some trees. it was fuckin cool

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman