FIT is anyone else highly suspicious of Western medicine i.e. if it hurts, cut it out

Does Western medicine scare you?

• Yes

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 71.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

Crusader

when I was a kid the pediatrician offered my mom a twofer to have my brother and my own tonsils pre-emptively removed in case of "infection".

Quite a few years later, doctors are coming to the startling conclusion that our internal organs actually serve a purpose, and what the hell, your tonsils are actually part of the immune system!

Good thing some genius didn't come up with a thumb removal surgery since someone might hit their's with a hammer :uh:

Anyway, my mom is being told that she's due for a hysterectomy and according to the natural medicine websites I'm reading, they say that is one of the most unnecessary surgeries out there.

What do you guys think? Does Western medicine fucking scare you?

daballer2005

Mar 15, 2007
816 up in this bitch
when I was a kid the pediatrician offered my mom a twofer to have my brother and my own tonsils pre-emptively removed in case of "infection".

Quite a few years later, doctors are coming to the startling conclusion that our internal organs actually serve a purpose, and what the hell, your tonsils are actually part of the immune system!

Good thing some genius didn't come up with a thumb removal surgery since someone might hit there's with a hammer :uh:

Anyway, my mom is being told that she's due for a hysterectomy and according to the natural medicine websites I'm reading, they say that is one of the most unnecessary surgeries out there.

:ugh::ugh::ugh:

:rofl:

limestoner

Good thing some genius didn't come up with a thumb removal surgery since someone might hit their's with a hammer :uh:

:ugh::ugh::ugh:
:rofl:

lawrencel715

Jul 11, 2005
like everything else in the world, you have to use good sense. seek different opinions from different types of medicine, like an acupuncturist, though in your mom's case, that might not work. i wouldn't entirely trust profit-driven doctors, but i wouldn't entirely distrust them either. that said, i don't think the doctor would suggest hysterectomies if it wasn't necessary.

Dec 3, 2007
Austin, TX
Yeah man, scary shit. I'm really pissed that my teeth are straight instead of being completely fucked up by letting my wisdom teeth grow in.

And getting a tumor removed before it becomes cancerous? WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT? Idiots, thats who.

Fuck western medicine, I'm with you, bro.

EDIT: I chose other, because when my other options are yes and no, I have a small panic attack about committing.

TS
TS

Crusader

like everything else in the world, you have to use good sense. seek different opinions from different types of medicine, like an acupuncturist, though in your mom's case, that might not work. i wouldn't entirely trust profit-driven doctors, but i wouldn't entirely distrust them either. that said, i don't think the doctor would suggest hysterectomies if it wasn't necessary.
just like doctors don't recommend gastric bypass, as opposed to diet and exercise right???

ToBillBrasky

run away my son. see it all. see the world.
Yeah man, scary shit. I'm really pissed that my teeth are straight instead of being completely fucked up by letting my wisdom teeth grow in.

And getting a tumor removed before it becomes cancerous? WHO THE FUCK DOES THAT? Idiots, thats who.

Fuck western medicine, I'm with you, bro.

EDIT: I chose other, because when my other options are yes and no, I have a small panic attack about committing.

when i got my skull broken by a 2x4 holistic medicine relieved the swelling in my brain, replaced the broken bone with a stronger than bone plate and then kept me alive for 3 days in the ICU

wait wait wait, all that life saving was evil western medicine :noes:

Bodhi

My crotch is red .. my lambos blue .. and ill be g
Feb 14, 2008
ankhpapyrusofani.jpg

shawn4element

OT Supporter
Jun 11, 2002
Missouri
Western Medicine is the reason a lot of people are still breathing.. however, I see where you're coming from.

I do think that many times, people are quick to pop a pill to fix something and not really getting to the root of what's causing the problem.

Ex: High blood pressure medication

People should only be poppin' pills when exercise and diet are NOT ENOUGH.

Man Bear Pig

Banned
Nov 24, 2006
imagination land

There isn't a "time table" for a hysterectomy--people get their tits cut because they have fucking cancer fucktard. If she has breast cancer they must be removed before it metastasizes into her lymph nodes or bones.

mandrew

Aug 25, 2008
S.F.
I'm more inclined to be weary of western medicine's general under-use of physical therapy in favor of drugs to solve ability/injury issues.

I think preemptive surgeries serve a good purpose a lot of the time, but yeah tonsillectomy is pretty retarded unless you're experiencing issues with them. My dad's parents had his removed without any kind of provocation cause that's what was going down in the 50's/60's.

Thelonius

Aug 8, 2008
funny story, friend of a friend was a practicing doctor of chinese medicine, totally against western medicine, and wound up getting cancer. you can guess how he ended up treating it. hint: it wasn't by drinking tiger penis tea.

D-FENS

Nov 13, 2002
Damned if you do, damned if you don't. If you don't use any western medicine you're fucked, but it certainly seems like doctors try to push surgeries that aren't entirely necessary in order to bring in more profits. Though in the latter situation, you're still alive, just poorer.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peterparl19