Is anyone really bothered by people having to start a gofundme for hospital bills?

Evan

OT Supporter
May 3, 2002
Portland OR
Tagged POL because thats where we are now. Healthcare is a fucking political discussion.

Its fucking insane how its totally normal for someone to have to crowd fund their hospital bills for cancer/car accidents/unexpected health problems/whatever.

Jd

Jun 29, 2007
SC
Yep, insane, and I hate to see it. But I contribute when I know it will directly help; tough times out here.

Ark Insanity

Ludicriously speedy or infectious with the slow-mo
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
Queens
I always like to bring up the argument that out of 30 something developed nations in the world we are the only ones that do not have universal healthcare. But apparently USA has the best healthcare system in the world (we do not) with the best quality of care (we do not). Also interesting to note that we give Israel 3.8 billion dollars in military aid, we essentially subsidize their military with our own tax payer money while they give their own people universal healthcare and free college tuition. Why is it ok for us to subsidize another developed nations infrastructure when we can't even fund our own?

sans_pants

I don't want any damn vegetables
OT Supporter
May 2, 2002
its simple. all those european countries are majority white. poor white people in america have been brainwashed to believe everything is fine as long as welfare queen minorities arent stealing their hard earned tax dollars

TS
TS
Evan

Evan

OT Supporter
May 3, 2002
Portland OR
Im under the impression that universal healthcare would look a lot like Kaiser. Which was fucking awesome and insanely efficient when I had it.

silkforcalde

Nov 27, 2017
yeah, it's insane, absolutely fucking insane. trumpkins talk about the progressive agenda like it's a bad thing, as if getting rid of systemic racism, giving everyone education and healthcare, and trying to preserve the environment for future generations are bad things. i dunno how you could hear about the "progressive agenda" and immediately not go "sign me the fuck UP"

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan