FIT Is injesting aspartame counterintuitive to losing weight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
Do you mean counterproductive? No gym for home?

It's certainly fine for losing weight since it replaces a 60g shitty carb bomb from a soft drink, but it's not necessarily the healthiest thing for you

But regarding intuition, I have no idea what you're asking

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
the choice here is

do you want to put a chemical into your body or do you want to put high fructose corn syrup into your body?

Lose/Lose situation - which one is the least poison?

thats a good question.

TS
TS
CyberEye

CyberEye

Oh god, the voices
Jul 18, 2001
London, Ontario Canada

It's certainly fine for losing weight since it replaces a 60g shitty carb bomb from a soft drink, but it's not necessarily the healthiest thing for you

yeah counterproductive, didn't think counterintuitive sounded quite right :rofl:

kronik85

Feb 8, 2005
Deutschland

my thoughts almost verbatim, you stole them :hs:

daballer2005

Mar 15, 2007
816 up in this bitch
lol @ aspartame hate.

The artificial sweetener aspartame has been the subject of several controversies and hoaxes since its initial approval by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in 1974.

Critics allege that conflicts of interest marred the FDA's approval of aspartame, question the quality of the initial research supporting its safety, and postulate that numerous health risks may be associated with aspartame.

The validity of these claims has been examined and dismissed many times. In 1987, the U.S. Government Accountability Office concluded that the food additive approval process had been followed properly for aspartame.

Aspartame has been found to be safe for human consumption by more than ninety countries worldwide, with FDA officials describing aspartame as "one of the most thoroughly tested and studied food additives the agency has ever approved" and its safety as "clear cut".

The weight of existing scientific evidence indicates that aspartame is safe at current levels of consumption as a non-nutritive sweetener.

daballer2005

Mar 15, 2007
816 up in this bitch
hey faggot. there's a difference between "is aspartame safe?" and "is aspartame counter productive to weight loss?"

ok phaggot

Aspartame does not cause cancer according to the American Cancer Society, the FDA and the National Cancer Institute. Before the 1981 FDA approval of aspartame, it was extensively evaluated in four long-term and lifetime studies in rodents which received enormous doses of aspartame, equal to the amount of aspartame in more than 1,000 cans of diet soft drink daily over a lifetime for an adult human. There was no increase in brain tumors or any other type of cancer.

A carefully controlled study was done at Duke University Medical Center with people who were convinced that aspartame caused their headaches. This study, which was published in the New England Journal of Medicine, demonstrated that aspartame does not cause headaches or migraines.

Blackburn et al. (1997) conducted a study to investigate whether the addition of aspartame to a multidisciplinary weight control program would improve weight loss and long-term control of body weight in obese women. The researchers found that aspartame consumption was positively associated with weight loss. The researchers concluded that aspartame, as part of a multidisciplinary weight control program, may facilitate weight control.

Aspartame was associated with weight loss in two additional long-term studies. Morris et al. (1989) investigated low-calorie sweetener consumption patterns of 35 overweight individuals before and after completing a 16-week weight loss program. At the end of the 16-week period, women lost more than 15 pounds and men lost more than 20 pounds while consuming aspartame and saccharin. The researchers concluded: “These results suggest that consumption of artificial sweeteners is not a barrier to weight loss and that foods containing artificial sweeteners can be incorporated into a weight-loss program.”

Drs. Tordoff and Alleva (1990) conducted a long-term study, monitoring the diet records and body weights of 30 normal-weight adults during three separate periods, each lasting three weeks. During each period, the subjects consumed 40 ounces daily of either aspartame-sweetened soda, high fructose corn syrup (HFCS)-sweetened soda or no experimental drinks. The researchers observed that drinking aspartame-sweetened soda decreased the sugar and calorie intake of both sexes significantly compared to the control period. Consumption of aspartame-sweetened soda also led to a non-significant decrease in body weight in both sexes combined, while consumption of HFCS-sweetened soda resulted in a significant weight gain in both men and women.

“Don’t believe the rumors – widely spread on the Internet – that aspartame … causes not only multiple sclerosis, but also lupus, Alzheimer’s and Parkinson’s disease, diabetes, Gulf War syndrome, and brain tumors. ”
-University of California, Berkeley Wellness Letter, April 1999

“I have no problem with information dissemination, even when it is wrong. But [this] has crossed the line. There is no evidence that aspartame in any way causes, provokes, mimics or worsens MS. This series of allegations are almost totally without foundation. They are rabidly inaccurate and scandalously misinformative.”
-David Squillacote, MD, Senior Medical Advisor for the Multiple Sclerosis Foundation
“There continues to be unsubstantiated claims that the nonnutritive sweetener aspartame (brand name NutraSweet) poses health risks to people with diabetes. Aspartame has been approved by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), a governmental agency that conducts thorough scientific reviews to determine foods are safe for public consumption. The American Diabetes Association follows FDA recommendations and recognizes that there is no credible scientific evidence linking aspartame to any health-related problems for people with diabetes.”
-American Diabetes Association Statement, February 9, 1999

TS
TS
CyberEye

CyberEye

Oh god, the voices
Jul 18, 2001
London, Ontario Canada
be hardcore, im hardcore. no pop since 2009.

I tried, and succeeded for a long time. Cut out all pop entirely, and dropped a ton of weight (though was drinking all regular cola at the time). I slowly started drinking it again about a year later but switched to diet only. It's basically my only bad habit/addiction.

I don't smoke, I don't drink coffee, I don't do drugs, I very rarely drink. Damn cola has a strangle hold on me though :hsd:

remmy

OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2002
Chicagoland
How about aspartame and putting on muscle? I thought I had read something on here not too long ago regarding that..

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
This is one of the many reasons I know you are a faggot.

hemadl.jpg

Abomb

Feb 22, 2005
Houston, TX
Of course I am. You're using jack single barrel in fucking coke. :ugh:

You're like a high school kid stealing his parent's booze.

shit is so good I think im going to pour me another single barrel + diet coke to go with my well done filet with ketch up and A1 sauce when I get home :drool:

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
shit is so good I think im going to pour me another single barrel + diet coke to go with my well done filet with ketch up and A1 sauce when I get home :drool:

:rofl: rad

a while back I posted in one of those scotch elitist threads how good 1/2 glenlivet 18 that I took from my dad's stash, mixed with 1/2 vanilla coke was

people went NUTS

400px-Trollface.jpg

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
seriously though, liquor elitists are too fucking amusing

i still agree with Formz on this one, but it's because now I'm too fucking poor to waste something like single barrel jack on that lol. Id savour that shit for special occasions and just buy hood ass rail whiskey for the mix :rofl:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec