LGBT Is it truly worth it? LOST...

Discussion in 'Lifestyle' started by blaq19, May 29, 2008.

1. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

Okay, so you have this friend and you guys pretty much became best friends over the past 2yrs but it was one of those things where people were envious and jealous of your friendship and it was always putting a big strain on it. I mean it was like bad, real bad how much people hated!

It's almost like a bad relationship going through a divorce. At one point we stopped talking for like 2 months not a single word. We began talking again and hanging out and it seemed like past was the past and everything was cool, then it all started again and we haven't talked in over a week.

I mean this kid is cool as shit, would do anything for anyone but sometimes he doesn't know when to not to do for people or know who his real friends and ends up screwing over his real friends in the process and wake up...

I mean I don't want to lose him as a friends but this time it just makes me wonder if the friendship is worth saving?

What would you guys do? :hs:

2. Windofchange

Windofchange New Member

Do you mean you both belong to different circles of friends, and his circle doesnt like you hanging out with him?.

3. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

Well sorda I have a group of friends who don't really like him but that doesn't get in the way it's our mutual group of friends who were in all actuality his first that see me as taking their friend away from them.

4. Windofchange

Windofchange New Member

Weird, although I have kind of seen somthing similar not directly affecting me.

I had a friend who was one of the most likeable people you could meet. One time he had a big birthday party at his place and about 150 people turned up. Now let me emphasize that these weren't just random people, or friends of friends turning up. They all knew him personally.
    Ive never known anyone else to have anywhere near that many people on such a one to one basis.
    It was awkward because he was friends with any and all social and racial sub groups, so you had pockets of wildly different people pooled together through his place who kept mainly to themselves while he just mixed between them all with complete ease.

5. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

See that's me I can go somewhere and not know a soul and walk out with everyone's phone number. I mean I guess it's a gift and a curse type of thing. I mean it's cool to be social with everyone but you have those few that are you're really good friends you could call for anything and I feel like I'm loosing that but it's like is it worth the trouble?

6. Windofchange

Windofchange New Member

Best to stay in touch/close. At the end of the day you dont have to meet up all the time and the advent of the internet makes it extremely easy to stay in good contact with anyone anywhere.

7. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

I regret frumping.

8. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

Yeah, well after thinking about it long and hard I think I'm gonna have to just call this a lost battle and try to move on... :hs:

9. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

I'm having a hard time understanding why you are allowing other people's animosity to cause your friendship to get messed up. Why are you putting up with the bullshit? Instead of not talking, why don't you just excise the dramatic retards out of your social group?

10. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

Well see that's the thing, I stopped talking to the people who were causing the problems in the group and it didn't work; they would come to my job and try and start shit and call and leave messages and even start shit with friends of mine that don't even talk to them...

It's even harder when your friend says I don't want to be in the middle of it and he clearly is "the middle" of it. He doesn't want to choose side and I'd never ask anyone to do something like that.

So I guess it's over now anyway. I'm done fighting for something that's only going to cause me more trouble in the end.

11. TheMustafa

TheMustafa hook 'em

Big, interconnected social groups ftl. I get frustrated with that drama too easily. But, from all your pics, it looks like you have a blast every night lol

quality > quantity.

12. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

AMEN!!! Sometimes I wish I was less social like in high school, then I'd never have any of these problems.

13. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

I regret pleated pants.

14. ManyHamsters

ManyHamsters There are necessary pursuits... but poetry, beauty

15. RedGoober4Life

RedGoober4Life New Member

Who the fuck told you to wear pleated pants!?

Although...Sam...you really didn't warn me against engineers and straight white man jokes. This summer is going to turn me straight.

16. blaq19

blaq19 New Member

We can't have that... :ugh:

17. zortnac

zortnac New Member

Turn straight? Turn straight? I've had it with your oxymorons.

That reminds me...I want to make a shirt, with a graphic of a cosmopolitan and a few other empty martini glasses, and a phrase that reads "I'm So Gay I Can't Even Drive Straight"

18. Sam Gamgee

Sam Gamgee Every tool is a weapon if you hold it right. OT Supporter

oh... yeah... sorry about that... engineers have the weirdest sense of "humor"...

they still tell knock-knock jokes...

example:

What do you call a blind deer? No eyed deer (pronounced "no idea")

What do you call a blind deer with no legs? Still no eyed deer (pronounced "still no idea")

What do you call a blind deer with no legs, having sex? Still fucking no eyed deer.... (you get the "idea".... :ugh: )

19. xinster

xinster New Member

yeah dude, i just started season 4