Jun 20, 2004
NY
I've heard both sides of the story and I'm interested in what OTers think

Also is domainsbyproxy good?

Die Antwoord

Nov 5, 2007
Orlando, FL
I make mine private.

But only because I don't want my personal contact information out there. Although if you are planning to run a website where people are exchanging money with you, it might be a turn off for them if your whois is hidden.

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
Yes.

On my site where I sell things, yes. Don't want any crazies coming after me.

On my site where I don't sell things, yes. Don't want any crazies coming after me.

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
o rly?

well when i form a corporation i will have its headquarters listed on the whois. But not my name and address. too many stalkers.

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
no one wants to stalk you :mamoru:

dude, i have been stalked IRL by:

- some creepy gay guy in middle school

- a gay client i had when i was a personal trainer

- a gay guy who worked at my last company

I don't need to add some gay guy on the internet to that list.

orangecuse

Jan 14, 2004
It depends on who you are trying to hide your info from. When blocking from the everyday anybody yeah I would say it is worth the $3 or $9 depending on who you are using. But you mention domainsbyproxy so I'm assuming you are using godaddy, keep in mind if you are doing anything shady at all to warrant a legal team coming after you or the domain for whatever reason is the moment domainsbyproxy will give up your information and then charge you $20 per inquiry.

I've heard good things about moniker though.

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
dude, i have been stalked IRL by:

- some creepy gay guy in middle school

- a gay client i had when i was a personal trainer

- a gay guy who worked at my last company

I don't need to add some gay guy on the internet to that list.
hmm sounds like they know something you do not want to admit

dude just come out of the closet already

TS
TS

Homeless

Jun 20, 2004
NY
It depends on who you are trying to hide your info from. When blocking from the everyday anybody yeah I would say it is worth the $3 or $9 depending on who you are using. But you mention domainsbyproxy so I'm assuming you are using godaddy, keep in mind if you are doing anything shady at all to warrant a legal team coming after you or the domain for whatever reason is the moment domainsbyproxy will give up your information and then charge you $20 per inquiry.

I've heard good things about moniker though.

I was thinking about going with godaddy since they seem to have a $2 promotion, but still debating on it

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec