GAME Is the fucking PS3 ever going to get Party Chat?

assclown

Mar 11, 2003
NYC
God, it's amazing how this forum has evolved. I remember back in 2006 when 'PS3' was used like a dirty word.

That's when all these broke fools couldn't afford it. Now that it has dropped in price, has more exclusives, and their 360s died 15 times, everybody is jumping on it. I called this in 06. :hsugh:

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
Only time I can see myself using party chat is when I'm playing a game like bad company and you can only chat with the 3 other people in your squad, even if you have friends on another squad. But even then, I lived.

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey
:werd: if there was games i played on ps3 that already didnt have squad chat, then maybe i would care a bit more

The in game PS3 chat is terrible. MAG chat was terrible. Relying on each individual game to build a chat method is terrible. Getting boot from a game for some reason and get sent back to the main menu? Chat dropped.

ocular

Jul 31, 2002
Boston
i use it all the time, we sometimes even hit the 8 person max that live allows. i don't see how you guys don't use it. maybe you just don't have any friends to talk to :dunno:

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
The in game PS3 chat is terrible. MAG chat was terrible. Relying on each individual game to build a chat method is terrible. Getting boot from a game for some reason and get sent back to the main menu? Chat dropped.

so cause you have issues with getting booted it means it doesnt work for anyone? i have no issue with in game squad chat. 360 uses the same setup with party chat as an option :dunno:

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey
so cause you have issues with getting booted it means it doesnt work for anyone? i have no issue with in game squad chat. 360 uses the same setup with party chat as an option :dunno:

I only use party chat. You can talk during loading screens, someone can leave the game to change some settings, and you never lose chat.

I have a three system and this is one of them main reasons I dislike the PS3. I don't have issues with getting booted, but when weird things happen with the game, chat isn't effected.

Plus the audio quality of PS3 chat is terrible as well.

FunkyMunniez

Mar 15, 2008
i use it all the time, we sometimes even hit the 8 person max that live allows. i don't see how you guys don't use it. maybe you just don't have any friends to talk to :dunno:
im just not particularly interested in talking to people playing call of duty while im playing madden:dunno:

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
dont know what to tell you, i have zero issue chatting away in kz, bc2, mag etc.. oh well.

oh and ps3 chat is still better than 360 quality wise for me :dunno: to each their own

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448