TECH Is there a proven "schedule" for how to release a website/webapp?

Ebtek

Mar 19, 2000
like where/when to release it to certain places?

i.e. do you post it on digg when it's brand new with 0 users? or do you wait a bit, until you have some so it will have more credibility?

i have a killer idea for a facebook app (commence hate) and am wondering if i should just throw it out there without planning a promotion release...or should anything be calculated?

Pepsi1975

Mod of the Year
Jan 6, 2005
Detroit
as soon as i am happy with it and it has enough content to make users happy, i start submitting to digg and what not

Phasm

OT Supporter
Sep 20, 2005
Michigan
Definitely wait until it's credible/tested/ready to go...I've seen some awesome sites sink from too much early advertising. I feel that was the case for Pownce.com, don't get me wrong they get a lot of traffic and whatnot but it doesn't even compare to digg. And as far as facebook apps go, if you can make money off facebook more power to you man.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor