Is there any way to use a motion light as a flood light without switching on the unit every time?

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Trying to decide on a main light source for the backyard, and I'd prefer a single fixture that I can use as a flood light when we're using the backyard, and a motion light when I'm not. The only way I can see so far is getting a a stepstool and switching at the light every time (annoying).

Are there any solutions out there that work as both (maybe switched from a wall panel etc instead of the light itself?) I saw some $300 wifi app enabled crap, but not much else. Anybody on here have a similar setup? Or do I have to run another motion light separately :hsugh:

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
if you use an external motion cell you can wire up a motion switch and an always on switch.

also an option is a 3 position wall switch:

TS
TS
turbo35

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
if you use an external motion cell you can wire up a motion switch and an always on switch.

also an option is a 3 position wall switch:

So basically a normal light with 2 potential power inputs. One straight in, and one thru the motion cell which will then pass thru for x amount of time?

That could work I suppose. Wish I could find a unit that has it built in.

whatever

OT Supporter
Feb 18, 2004
So basically a normal light with 2 potential power inputs. One straight in, and one thru the motion cell which will then pass thru for x amount of time?

That could work I suppose. Wish I could find a unit that has it built in.

yup.

never seen a smart one like described

TS
TS
turbo35

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
Even a chain I could pull would be nice. Having to pull out the ladder and flip the switch before and after dinner is just stupid. :rant:

TS
TS
turbo35

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
You flip the switch twice and it stays on for the rest of the night in manual mode
Ahh, now I see it

MANUAL MODE (Working Mode)
Set-up: Flip the light switch off for one second then back on to toggle between AUTO and MANUAL mode.
Function: Under Manual Mode, the light could be on at night for 6 hours.

*Note: Manual mode only works at night and with the ON-TIME switch in the 1, 5, or 10 minutes position.

I'll keep an eye out for that in the descriptions. Thanks!

Reactions: whatever

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana