TECH Is this a good Cyber Monday deal?

Pogi

Official Pointy Boot Guey Ver 1.0
Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
Really do your research on OLED before you buy it....they are not as bright as LED sets and DO HAVE BURN IN ISSUES and Brightness degradation over time.

If you are putting this in bright room, or watch lots of movies with subtitles / black bars, etc you might not want to buy it.

Bugalu

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2003
Nashville
Really do your research on OLED before you buy it....they are not as bright as LED sets and DO HAVE BURN IN ISSUES and Brightness degradation over time.

If you are putting this in bright room, or watch lots of movies with subtitles / black bars, etc you might not want to buy it.
As someone who’s had an LG OLED for now 2 years with over 5000 hours on it, I’ve noticed none of these issues

Pogi

Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
Also, if you miss the black friday / cyber monday deals - the next sales will come in a couple months as the new TV's are rolled out for 2021 model year and the Super Bowl sales start hitting.

Pogi

Jan 3, 2001
North Of Chi-town
I should add that I was going to buy an LG CX 65 for a gaming TV for my PS5 - figuring "hell with the burn in, the tv is only 1800 bux, if it goes bad oh well i'll replace it with a Sony X900H", but then all of them were sold out and I started looking at videos/reviews and seeing that burn in is really an issue for even power users who know about it and try to avoid it.

TS
TS
Twat Waffle

Twat Waffle

Thank you come again!!!
OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2006
Dirty Jersey
I should add that I was going to buy an LG CX 65 for a gaming TV for my PS5 - figuring "hell with the burn in, the tv is only 1800 bux, if it goes bad oh well i'll replace it with a Sony X900H", but then all of them were sold out and I started looking at videos/reviews and seeing that burn in is really an issue for even power users who know about it and try to avoid it.

I have 65" OLED CX from almost 3 yrs. No issues. I like LG's units and want to have a consistent system throughout house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Pogi

silver60

OT Supporter
May 4, 2010
Dallas Tx

My samsung LED burns in after 10 minutes (like accidentally leaving it on pause), the burn in fades also after about 10 minutes, this comment has nothing to do with OLED but it's the damndest thing, I cannot figure it out, I sold LED / Plasma tv's in the early 2000's never seen a tv get temporary burn in like this, so strange.

NoOneYouKnow

Mar 24, 2016
The house that hate built.
Well it's the same price at Best Buy and you get a vastly easier return process in case you have problems. :dunno:

What's Best Buy doing these days that makes returns difficult? I haven't been there in many years, but last time I went they were still matching Amazon's prices and taking any return as long as you gave them an ID.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.12.0 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nancy Sherman