ART Is this the place to ask a video cam question?

xconverge

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2008
San Francisco, CA
I used a Sony vx2000 to record local bands for a few years, the Sony vx2100 is better in low light I would assume. I then got a canon hv20 and loved it. It is a very decent camera at a very fair price. There is a large void of quality camcorders between ~600 dollars and then 1500 dollars. I would advise you to look into the canon HV30 and read some reviews. Many video cameras will be ok for what he wants to do and I think a HV30 would suit him well.

I think that tapes are better than hard drive based camcorders solely because they are perfected and a very good way of backing up data easily.

The image quality on these are really good and I 2nd shot a few weddings with them and the footage was decent compared to the primary shooters pro equipment for cocktail hour type stuff

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448