SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

Kozzy McKoz

To fuck around is human, to find out is divine
Apr 11, 2005
LIBERAL UTOPIA OF MASSACHUSETTS
.. from the conversation with his girlfriend..

She knew he was super excited I was coming to visit, had planned all kinds of stuff. she said he needed it.

She said he has been heavily drinking again. She suggested AA but he wasn't in for it. She said COVID had been hard on his work (real estate) and that he had been suffering from depression. Sadly I wasn't aware, but so many of us have been down as fuck during covid. Myself totally included. He didn't stand out as any worse than me or the rest of my friends, OT or IRL.

Last weekend, he was coughing and coughed up blood. They took him to hospital.. he was his usual fun self in hospital. She said he was messing with and joking with the nurses. Typical Chris.

They did an endoscopy to find out where the bleeding was from. I think they figured it out, but then his blood pressure dropped, his skin was yellow... he ended up not being able to respond. I think she said they put him on dialysis. His liver and kidneys fucked out. He was in a coma. Now he isn't with us today.

This is what I was told happened. Booze. I know I drink a lot, but I'll never know how much Chris was pounding. If I had ANY clue about his health, mental or physical, I'd have not been down for ANY of the boozing shit we had planned.

Damn this makes me think about my own drinking

RIP @Bugalu

CASUAL-SS

The Artist Formerly Known As
Apr 30, 2020
Anarchist Jurisdiction of PDX
me too, me too.

BIG TIME.

just spoke to my boss. He knew about my trip. He was like .. take all the time you need. Scottish bloke. Solid guy.

No way I can work today
Take all the time you need and there are plenty of people here to reach out to. Remember the good times and avoid drowning your sorrows. I'm sorry that the weight of letting us all know fell on your shoulders, but this is a damn good community of fucking degenerates who stick up for each other, especially in times of need.

deegan

Shoulda, woulda, coulda does not build prophecies
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
Thanks everyone who has posted in or even just read this thread. Its a fucking tragic as fuck time right now, but this damn website somehow makes it a bit easier.

You are all good people. @Bugalu knew this too, despite all of our differences.

Love you all.

Thanks.
Cam
Love you bro

Janson

OT Supporter
Mar 13, 2003
Davidson, NC
Not trying to make this about me, just putting it out there for anyone who is also struggling with alcoholism/addiction. I was in the same position of throwing up blood mixed with bile every morning when I woke up. I was drinking over a fifth of vodka a day. Brushing my teeth, only to start pounding down vodka at 8am just to quell the shakes and get back to "normal".

Luckily my girlfriend knew about it and gave me the ultimatum of choosing her or the bottle. Set the bottle down and still battling every day, regretting the damage I did to myself during my twenties that certainly has taken years off of my potential life. Very sad to hear it went down that way for him, his family and friends. Life is too precious to destroy ourselves for temporary "relief".
Glad you've mad changes and you're still here with us.

PanzerAce

OT Supporter
Feb 25, 2006
Fucking shit sucks

I need to start taking my health more seriously. Been drinking more these last few years for sure :(
We're all getting older and choices are catching up with us. Except for a few glasses of wine a month ago I've been dry for six months. Was actually thinking of opening a bottle of whiskey I've been sitting on for a year this weekend but I don't know anymore. :hsd:

Take care of yourselves people. See a doctor, go for a walk, eat better. We need less of this shit and more people passing in their sleep from old age.

TS
TS
vikingen

vikingen

Redders. The Grey Wiggle. #Qatar2022
OT Supporter
His hate for CA was top tier, had fun going back and forth with him. For those of you who knew him on a personal level, truly sorry for you loss.

Condolences
ill tell you this.

his gf said that his wish, should be die, would be to be cremated and have the ashes spread on Hermosa Beach.

this will likely happen this month.

deegan

Shoulda, woulda, coulda does not build prophecies
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡บ
seemed like a very decent dude, i guess not spending a lot of time in pol threads certainly shapes your view of someone.

condolences to those affected by his passing.

to the lost.
Im good mates with him and argued with him all the time in pol threads, difference of opinions happens, despite how OT tries, it doesnโ€™t make them any less of a decent person and shouldnโ€™t shape how we judge ppl. Guilty of it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

• About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
    OT v15.9.0 Copyright ยฉ 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
    Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
    Guests online
    Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Msds