SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
Legit, how much you gotta drink to have this happen at his age? srs question, not trolling because the wife and I have hit the sauce pretty hard since Covid started. Kinda makes you realize how delicate life is.

RIP

You do you man, but as I've been getting older I've been cutting way back. I can tell my body doesn't like it and I've certainly noticed its effects on me. During COVID is when I started to drink more than ever.

Rev. Johnny Vegas

Make Ministry synth pop again
Jun 13, 2001
Legit, how much you gotta drink to have this happen at his age? srs question, not trolling because the wife and I have hit the sauce pretty hard since Covid started. Kinda makes you realize how delicate life is.

RIP
There's no answer to that question. No two people have the same bodies, drink the same amount, the same way, etc. I've been around the rooms of AA long enough to see people who's bodies are wrecked in their 20s or 30s, and others that have been drinking hard for 40+ years and their bodies are still going.

TS
TS
vikingen

vikingen

Redders. The Grey Wiggle. #Qatar2022
OT Supporter
Damnit man. Im not active on here much, But i interact with alot of OT'rs daily on social platforms and hes one of them. Had no idea he was even sick. Just three days ago he was talking shit to me on instagram. wow.
he wasn't physically sick 3 days ago Rob.

its so so sad

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest

RIP
theres no answer

errybody likes to post up that they drank 5ths erryday for years, etc like its a contest

our bodies are different, and react different..... YOUR body WILL give you some hints when its too much for too long, but most power thru the hints cuz the problems are still there.

Jonny Chimpo

Dec 20, 2003
Hell
There's no answer to that question. No two people have the same bodies, drink the same amount, the same way, etc. I've been around the rooms of AA long enough to see people who's bodies are wrecked in their 20s or 30s, and others that have been drinking hard for 40+ years and their bodies are still going.
Yeah, I guess. Still, makes you think about shit.

I<3URANUS

I can ride my bike with no handlebars.
OT Supporter
Sep 17, 2002
Dallas, TX
what does drinking really give you? seriously. I might have 6 beers a year.
I'm made a conscious effort to cut way back. I don't super drink heavily but I was drinking 2-4 beers a day for a long time. I love throwing back a couple of beers while playing some games on my computer with friends.

This makes me want to stop cold turkey.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Damn this makes me think about my own drinking

RIP @Bugalu
Same. If anything positive that can come from this tragedy, it's that people may scrutinize their own intake and potential mortality more severely. If even one person can cut back and extend their life as a direct result of us losing Chris, maybe this is the wake up call they needed. :wtc:
well, its poison, your body isnt designed for it

drinking a flammable liquid to feel better.

almost as bad as snapple, for christsakes
:rofl::hs:

That's a super happysadrofl, sir.

Last edited:

Jonny Chimpo

Dec 20, 2003
Hell
I just enjoy beer. All the different styles, history, recipes, etc. I like to sample and taste them. It’s not like I drink a 12pack a night just to get hammered, but we are quite fond of doing brewery tours in different cities and whatnot. And craft beers these days are often fairly high abv.

:dunno:

Reactions: GH0ST

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter

RIP
Dude, there are so many variables. What might trigger a complete set of organ failure in one person might not even register with another. Humans are fucking weird.

But I hear you. We have drank a lot more during the pandemic.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Nikuk

This simulation needs a reboot
OT Supporter
Jun 24, 2005
Buffalo, NY. Again.
It's a salve, a means for numbing the pain, a much needed distraction, and an excuse to shut off a little, among other things.

I'm just at 4 years dry and have been sincerely considering picking up a bottle these past few weeks.

It is what it is, for each of us.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529