SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
I just enjoy beer. All the different styles, history, recipes, etc. I like to sample and taste them. It’s not like I drink a 12pack a night just to get hammered, but we are quite fond of doing brewery tours in different cities and whatnot. And craft beers these days are often fairly high abv.

:dunno:
thats like my wife saying she likes the taste of coffee

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Jonny Chimpo

Dec 20, 2003
Hell
Dude, there are so many variables. What might trigger a complete set of organ failure in one person might not even register with another. Humans are fucking weird.

But I hear you. We have drank a lot more during the pandemic.
Werd.

it was kinda weird, pandemic started and we were all like “fuck it, let’s party like college kids”. It’s only been the past maybe 6 months that it’s started to really slow back to a normal, sane level.

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
Legit, how much you gotta drink to have this happen at his age? srs question, not trolling because the wife and I have hit the sauce pretty hard since Covid started. Kinda makes you realize how delicate life is.

RIP
In 2014 I ended up in the hospital with DT’s after drinking a fifth of vodka a night for two weeks straight. I had been drinking for three years already at that point though.

I was 26.

thekinggovernor

President Joe Biden Vice President Kamala Harris
Aug 11, 2003
CAROFUCKINGLINAS
Just read all 17 pages and I’m blown away. I know @Bugalu from locking horns in POL threads but never knew there was this whole other side of people all over the world that knew & cared about him.

I wish all of you peace. I hope his family/friends can find comfort in knowing that this weird shitty website exists, and that people here cared about him. It seems like his suffering may have already helped others here.

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
Fuck. I had an endoscopy done in 2015 to check for these. None found, but then I kept drinking for another five years.

If they were going to develop, they’d have happened in the past two years I’ve been sober, right?
It is NEVER too late to quit drinking, but at your age, cirrhosis is uncommon but not impossible. Go get checked out for a physical though. Tell them about your drinking. Don't lie about anything.

Sounds like hepatorenal syndrome as well.
at the end, it all shuts down :( Hepatorenal syndrome is more cirrhosis + ESRD rather than fulminant hepatic failure + acute renal failure/AKI/etc. I only scrubbed one OLT + DDKT for hepatorenal syndrome, and the recipient had super advanced disease. It wasn't an acute process.

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
Just read all 17 pages and I’m blown away. I know @Bugalu from locking horns in POL threads but never knew there was this whole other side of people all over the world that knew & cared about him.

I wish all of you peace. I hope his family/friends can find comfort in knowing that this weird shitty website exists, and that people here cared about him. It seems like his suffering may have already helped others here.
Word. It's nice to know that outside of fighting about POL shit, he was a good dude, but at the same time it sucks to find that out because he passed away :(

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
It is NEVER too late to quit drinking, but at your age, cirrhosis is uncommon but not impossible. Go get checked out for a physical though. Tell them about your drinking. Don't lie about anything.

at the end, it all shuts down :( Hepatorenal syndrome is more cirrhosis + ESRD rather than fulminant hepatic failure + acute renal failure/AKI/etc. I only scrubbed one OLT + DDKT for hepatorenal syndrome, and the recipient had super advanced disease. It wasn't an acute process.
I quit drinking two years ago. You’re right, it’s never too late to stop. I’m here if anyone wants to talk.

Had acute cirrhosis in 2019, but as of March 2021 my liver was back to normal, they couldn’t even see any scarring.

sams0n

$
Oct 7, 2004
Daly City, CA

the fear a lot of people have is that you are honest about addiction issues you get flagged as an addict and then can't get painkillers if you have an injury or something like that. I don't know how true that is.

Publius

Professor of Triggerednometry
Jan 16, 2004
Big D by the Trinity

a much better way of putting it than I did. :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds