SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
It's because we feel bad for getting into it with him.

That's really all it is. It's just guilt.
Exactly. We're all just people living completely different life experiences. But we're all here, we've all stayed for years, and gotten to know each other - accepted everyone with all of their faults and all.

Really truly absolutely sucks that we had to lose someone who demonstrably did so much for so many others but seemed the opposite to some.

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad
So I could have gone to see @Bugalu in December when I spent the night in Nashville driving my first bronco home from Iowa but I forgot to pack an extra set of daily contacts so I had to make it home the next day so I didn’t have time. Wish I packed better and spent the day with my boy because now I can’t

Fuck man, I had no idea he was in a bad spot. We’ve been texting regularly and joking and sending memes and I’ve read the three years of texts with him on his new Nashville number that I have like 5 times now and literally zero signs he was anything but happy

Mejnoon

May 6, 2000
Omaha, NE
Exactly. We're all just people living completely different life experiences. But we're all here, we've all stayed for years, and gotten to know each other - accepted everyone with all of their faults and all.

Really truly absolutely sucks that we had to lose someone who demonstrably did so much for so many others but seemed the opposite to some.
@Bugalu was an oter I felt like I could disagree with vehemently in one thread and simultaneously laugh/joke with in another. It was never personal. I remember talking old benzes with him 10+ years ago, talking real estate with him more recently, and arguing about politics at the same time. He always came across as a good natured person who was easy to get along with.

I never met him irl but I wish I’d had the chance. This was terrible to read tonight and completely unexpected :wtc:

TS
TS
vikingen

vikingen

Redders. The Grey Wiggle. #Qatar2022
OT Supporter
So I could have gone to see @Bugalu in December when I spent the night in Nashville driving my first bronco home from Iowa but I forgot to pack an extra set of daily contacts so I had to make it home the next day so I didn’t have time. Wish I packed better and spent the day with my boy because now I can’t

Fuck man, I had no idea he was in a bad spot. We’ve been texting regularly and joking and sending memes and I’ve read the three years of texts with him on his new Nashville number that I have like 5 times now and literally zero signs he was anything but happy
I didn't see it either mate. running all this thru my mind over and over thinking I missed something

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
@Bugalu was an oter I felt like I could disagree with vehemently in one thread and simultaneously laugh/joke with in another. It was never personal. I remember talking old benzes with him 10+ years ago, talking real estate with him more recently, and arguing about politics at the same time. He always came across as a good natured person who was easy to get along with.

I never met him irl but I wish I’d had the chance. This was terrible to read tonight and completely unexpected :wtc:
He actually went pretty personal on some topics, to be honest. But, he sought out my help with an engagement ring in the next breath, so I had the pleasure to get to know him on that level. He was loved and gave love. He was generous and kind, despite being stubborn and unyielding in other ways. He spent his time here with the rest of us misfits and that alone deserves for us to be kind to each other.

Life is fucking short. I've texted all of my besties tonight just telling them that I love & support them. My female version of @vikingen is currently here in the States from Australia after flying over last minute and learning her Dad has ceased treatment due to metastasized stage 4 brain cancer. I hugged her so hard when she got off the plane, but I wish I had been more present while she was here for her pitstop before driving to her Dad. You just never know what your last words will be. :wtc:

FutureMan

On the rights of your wealth, I disagree
OT Supporter
It's a salve, a means for numbing the pain, a much needed distraction, and an excuse to shut off a little, among other things.

I'm just at 4 years dry and have been sincerely considering picking up a bottle these past few weeks.

It is what it is, for each of us.
It’s also a reward. You got through another day of dealing with whatever? You deserve to get absolutely shitfaced

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
the fear a lot of people have is that you are honest about addiction issues you get flagged as an addict and then can't get painkillers if you have an injury or something like that. I don't know how true that is.
most addicts don’t want them(i mean they do lol but will openly tell their physician they don’t want them prescribed). even then of course if you get major surgery or a major injury they will prescribe them but it’s advised you speak with your sponsor about possibly letting a trusted non addict you’re close with keep the bottle and give them to you as prescribed. even then jt’s a slippery slope

Actvs Dei

IG gunslingersaloon
OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2002
Austin

Dang I'm in tears from this thread

Actvs Dei

IG gunslingersaloon
OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2002
Austin
most addicts don’t want them(i mean they do lol but will openly tell their physician they don’t want them prescribed). even then of course if you get major surgery or a major injury they will prescribe them but it’s advised you speak with your sponsor about possibly letting a trusted non addict you’re close with keep the bottle and give them to you as prescribed. even then jt’s a slippery slope

Love my beers and edibles but thank God I've never enjoyed opioids.

majesty

OT Supporter
Jun 6, 2003
🌍
Fuckin a. Just because you’re a dude(or even a woman)doesn’t mean you can’t talk to someone. Talk to anyone, they’d rather see you cry than be dead.

If anyone, I mean anyone on this stupid ass website wants to talk, PM me. I’ll give you my number and we can talk on the phone. No texting no messaging, you’ll hear my voice and we’ll chat. And if you’re comfortable we’ll video call.

Please remember you’re loved, you mean a lot to all of those in your life.

Seriously fucking PM me.

(even if its remmy)

wizurd

OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
As someone who has had really low points in my life, the people who are the most hurt.. hide it the best. It’s not something you or I could have prevented. I know it.

But I’ll never stop thinking we missed something

He may not have known the extent of damage he was doing or maybe didn't care or even thought about it. We all have times where we think "it won't happen to us."

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
the fear a lot of people have is that you are honest about addiction issues you get flagged as an addict and then can't get painkillers if you have an injury or something like that. I don't know how true that is.
I can see why people feel that way, but I think the better approach is to be completely open and discuss it with a doctor you have a relationship with. I had a patient last week who had abused IV pain meds, and she told me that she was grateful for me treating her with dignity and respect. I can easily do that because she was 100% up front with me. When someone lies to me right off the bat, they lose the respect very quickly. I had another patient today who has chronic pain and has been on high pain meds after surgery, and we drew up a plan for cutting back on the pain meds. I told her to tell me how many she would need, because I knew that she'd pick a lower number than if I came up with it and then she felt she'd need more. Letting her feel that this was a joint decision goes a long way.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971