SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

1fastz28

Here for the lulz.
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2004
The Woodlands Texas
.. from the conversation with his girlfriend..

She knew he was super excited I was coming to visit, had planned all kinds of stuff. she said he needed it.

She said he has been heavily drinking again. She suggested AA but he wasn't in for it. She said COVID had been hard on his work (real estate) and that he had been suffering from depression. Sadly I wasn't aware, but so many of us have been down as fuck during covid. Myself totally included. He didn't stand out as any worse than me or the rest of my friends, OT or IRL.

Last weekend, he was coughing and coughed up blood. They took him to hospital.. he was his usual fun self in hospital. She said he was messing with and joking with the nurses. Typical Chris.

They did an endoscopy to find out where the bleeding was from. I think they figured it out, but then his blood pressure dropped, his skin was yellow... he ended up not being able to respond. I think she said they put him on dialysis. His liver and kidneys fucked out. He was in a coma. Now he isn't with us today.

This is what I was told happened. Booze. I know I drink a lot, but I'll never know how much Chris was pounding. If I had ANY clue about his health, mental or physical, I'd have not been down for ANY of the boozing shit we had planned.
Last fall this happened to me after years of drinking heavily. I got really sick, i turned yellow, couldn't eat and no energy. I know we all think we have it under control and we can stop whenever we want. Alcoholism is no joke and its fucking dangerous to let it get out of control.

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
Legit, how much you gotta drink to have this happen at his age? srs question, not trolling because the wife and I have hit the sauce pretty hard since Covid started. Kinda makes you realize how delicate life is.

RIP
real talk, anything more than 5-8 drinks per week over the span of 5+ years has the potential to damage some people. Some people can handle that for a lifetime, and it's not till they have 15-20 drinks per week that they develop serious medical issues from it. Some people can crush a 12-pack every night of the week and be fine for decades, but it usually catches up with you. I ask most of my patients how much they drink, and you'd be surprised how many people don't drink at all. When you're in social circles that do drink, it seems like everyone does. They don't.

wizurd

OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
real talk, anything more than 5-8 drinks per week over the span of 5+ years has the potential to damage some people. Some people can handle that for a lifetime, and it's not till they have 15-20 drinks per week that they develop serious medical issues from it. Some people can crush a 12-pack every night of the week and be fine for decades, but it usually catches up with you. I ask most of my patients how much they drink, and you'd be surprised how many people don't drink at all. When you're in social circles that do drink, it seems like everyone does. They don't.

I should slow down. :hs:

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
I didn't see it either mate. running all this thru my mind over and over thinking I missed something

As someone who has had really low points in my life, the people who are the most hurt.. hide it the best. It’s not something you or I could have prevented. I know it.

But I’ll never stop thinking we missed something
Don't be too hard on yourselves, for real. He may not have felt/thought that this was going to play out like this at all, and his body reacted more seriously than he or anyone else expected.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
this

grew up in bars cuz dad was an alky, gambler, musician....the rare few that dont die from it along the way look like shit and have nothing in their life when they get old

wizurd

OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
this

grew up in bars cuz dad was an alky, gambler, musician....the rare few that dont die from it along the way look like shit and have nothing in their life when they get old

I think that's because most that live that lifestyle do not take care of themselves in other aspects. I drink a lot of beer but I also drink a lot of water before, during, after and eat a pretty well balanced healthy diet. I know people my age that look 10 years older than me. I've never seen them drink water before.

Jonny Chimpo

Dec 20, 2003
Hell
I’d probably be surprised at how many people also lie.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
I think that's because most that live that lifestyle do not take care of themselves in other aspects. I drink a lot of beer but I also drink a lot of water before, during, after and eat a pretty well balanced healthy diet. I know people my age that look 10 years older than me. I've never seen them drink water before.
same with smoking and tanning

looks sexy in your 20s, but it takes years off your skin when you get a bit older

Actvs Dei

IG gunslingersaloon
OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2002
Austin

Yeah I have my drinks but I take my vitamins, drink a ton of water and get 20k steps a day. Getting steps helps so much with everything honestly. It's a form of meditation in a way. I love it.

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
That Australia trip was such a blast. We had such a good group and all got along so well. Cam was the most amazing host and we all have been wanting to return the favor ever since. I know Chris would have planned an awesome time for you guys.

s8Ix82t.jpg

Then he and I met back up in Ft Worth when I wore that ridiculous jacket for the midland concert. I was single at the time and he was such a bro offering to take pics the entire night and letting me enjoy my little rhinestone cowboy fantasy :rofl: All night long people wanted pictures of the jacket and he never seemed annoyed at all. I can’t say I would have done the same.

YqJXd6Q.jpg

Here’s one with one of the guitar players from the band.

Hvxg3lz.jpg

And of course the pic that my fiancé says caught her attention.

ptfMVpM.jpg

We had plans to meet up when I was in Nashville this March but just couldn’t make it happen between his schedule and the tourist plans I already had in place. Really wish I had made it a priority. Would have loved for the SO to meet him. And of course I was still trying to get out there this month. It’s hitting pretty hard now thinking back on those memories and missed memories. I remember he went to California for a celebration of life for a friend who committed suicide. Chris was adamant about anyone being able to reach out to him at anytime if they needed someone to talk to. I know he was genuine with that promise too. Rip buddy.

wizurd

OT Supporter
Mar 7, 2002
Las Vegas
Yeah I have my drinks but I take my vitamins, drink a ton of water and get 20k steps a day. Getting steps helps so much with everything honestly. It's a form of meditation in a way. I love it.

The steps help a ton. I'm averaging 20k at my new job. I've been off the past two days and wanted to take it easy but would've felt better had I actually gotten some activity.

FutureMan

On the rights of your wealth, I disagree
OT Supporter
That Australia trip was such a blast. We had such a good group and all got along so well. Cam was the most amazing host and we all have been wanting to return the favor ever since. I know Chris would have planned an awesome time for you guys.

s8Ix82t.jpg

Then he and I met back up in Ft Worth when I wore that ridiculous jacket for the midland concert. I was single at the time and he was such a bro offering to take pics the entire night and letting me enjoy my little rhinestone cowboy fantasy :rofl: All night long people wanted pictures of the jacket and he never seemed annoyed at all. I can’t say I would have done the same.

YqJXd6Q.jpg

Hvxg3lz.jpg

ptfMVpM.jpg

We had plans to meet up when I was in Nashville this March but just couldn’t make it happen between his schedule and the tourist plans I already had in place. Really wish I had made it a priority. Would have loved for the SO to meet him. And of course I was still trying to get out there this month. It’s hitting pretty hard now thinking back on those memories and missed memories. I remember he went to California for a celebration of life for a friend who committed suicide. Chris was adamant about anyone being able to reach out to him at anytime if they needed someone to talk to. I know he was genuine with that promise too. Rip buddy.
That bruinette is jewfine

dave12219

Nobody cool likes Tucker Carlson
Feb 22, 2005

s8Ix82t.jpg

YqJXd6Q.jpg

Hvxg3lz.jpg

ptfMVpM.jpg

Man that jacket has me cackling my ass off. :rofl:

Actvs Dei

IG gunslingersaloon
OT Supporter
Apr 6, 2002
Austin
The steps help a ton. I'm averaging 20k at my new job. I've been off the past two days and wanted to take it easy but would've felt better had I actually gotten some activity.

Getting steps helps get me away from my phone, social media and all the other bullshit of the day and just reflect. It's peaceful af. Especially in the morning before work. Just alone with your thoughts is so great.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971