SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

Perfect Speed

Software and Cars
OT Supporter
Apr 8, 2006
PHL>SEA>CLT
@JohnnyBeagle texted me about Chris today as I went in to change cell carriers and phones so I was basically offline most of the day setting up the new phone.
Finally sat down and read this whole thread... I can only imagine how @vikingen @chornelium @DrewDown and @JohnnyBeagle feel as well as others who knew him. I'm so sorry for them and his gf and fam.
All I can think to do is remember him in here and in good thought with friends.

I met Chris a coupe times, the 2 visits that stuck out were when my wife and I travelled to Nashville and when I was headed to Memphis to pick up a car.
He showed the wife and I the Lane Museum, knowing I love cars and would enjoy seeing such a quirky collection. He then suggested a place to eat/grab drinks at that the wife enjoyed. The whole time he was a great host, making sure we had fun and knew what else is fun to do in the area.
When I stopped by overnight one the way to Memphis, he invited me out with friends of his and honestly was a great host and checked up on me a good bit knowing he was the only person I knew in a completely different city.
Chatted with him many times on here and usually had good talks, sincerely will miss him.

I hope that maybe his death serves some good in stopping someone else from suffering in silence, I can't imagine what that's like and truly hope not something anyone I know has to go thru.

*edit* missed Drew, apologies

Last edited:

FLY-FAST

OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2003
boston, MA
Its early hours here in Sydney Australia. I received a text message from @Bugalu 's mobile phone. It was his father.

Chris passed away earlier this morning USA time.

I'm meant to be flying to Nashville next week to hang out with him. I'm in such shock right now. I don't know what to type right now.

Spoken to his girlfriend, who is obviously a complete mess. Trying to get a hold of @DrewDown and @chornelium and @deegan ... these guys stayed at my house with @Bugalu here in Sydney back in 2019. We formed a great bond. Mates for life. I wanted to speak to all of them before I made this thread. I've contacted other OT'ers that are in our immediate circle. It was decided I would make this thread.

I'm lost for words. I've lost a good mate. I know there are people on OT who have different opinions of Chris and yeah we all don't think the same... but fuck me, he was fucking good dude, putting POL shit and GUN shit aside. He was a fucking good mate.

Sorry I'm a mess right now.

RIP @Bugalu

Your mate Cam aka @vikingen

*Edit/update*

from the conversation with his girlfriend..

She knew he was super excited I was coming to visit, had planned all kinds of stuff. she said he needed it.

She said he has been heavily drinking again. She suggested AA but he wasn't in for it. She said COVID had been hard on his work (real estate) and that he had been suffering from depression. Sadly I wasn't aware, but so many of us have been down as fuck during covid. Myself totally included. He didn't stand out as any worse than me or the rest of my friends, OT or IRL.

Last weekend, he was coughing and coughed up blood. They took him to hospital.. he was his usual fun self in hospital. She said he was messing with and joking with the nurses. Typical Chris.

They did an endoscopy to find out where the bleeding was from. I think they figured it out, but then his blood pressure dropped, his skin was yellow... he ended up not being able to respond. I think she said they put him on dialysis. His liver and kidneys fucked out. He was in a coma. Now he isn't with us today.

This is what I was told happened. Booze. I know I drink a lot, but I'll never know how much Chris was pounding. If I had ANY clue about his health, mental or physical, I'd have not been down for ANY of the boozing shit we had planned.

View attachment 246196
To others who may be struggling... Hug those you love.

TS
TS
vikingen

vikingen

Redders. The Grey Wiggle. #Qatar2022
OT Supporter
@JohnnyBeagle texted me about Chris today as I went in to change cell carriers and phones so I was basically offline most of the day setting up the new phone.
Finally sat down and read this whole thread... I can only imagine how @vikingen @chornelium and @JohnnyBeagle feel as well as others who knew him. I'm so sorry for them and his gf and fam.

I met Chris a coupe times, the 2 visits that stuck out were when my wife and I travelled to Nashville and when I was headed to Memphis to pick up a car.
He showed the wife and I the Lane Museum, knowing I love cars and would enjoy seeing such a quirky collection. He then suggested a place to eat/grab drinks at that the wife enjoyed. The whole time he was a great host, making sure we had fun and knew what else is fun to do in the area.
When I stopped by overnight one the way to Memphis, he invited me out with friends of his and honestly was a great host and checked up on me a good bit knowing he was the only person I knew in a completely different city.
Chatted with him many times on here and usually had good talks, sincerely will miss him.

I hope that maybe his death serves some good in stopping someone else from suffering in silence, I can't imagine what that's like and truly hope not something anyone I know has to go thru.
he spoke highly of you

• Support
Reactions: Perfect Speed

FLY-FAST

OT Supporter
Sep 30, 2003
boston, MA
Finally sat down and read this whole thread... I can only imagine how @vikingen @chornelium and @JohnnyBeagle feel as well as others who knew him. I'm so sorry for them and his gf and fam.

Any links or valuable resources would be more powerful than you know.

jrmcm

Cocaine and cocaine accessories
Oct 9, 2001
Plano, TX
Wish I hadn't been as shitty to him, fuck. Maybe he never noticed but even if he'd felt hurt by it once, now i think wasn't worth it.
I got the impression it rolled off of him pretty easy. He knew he was being controversial.
I’d talk shit to him and 5 minutes later he’d be liking a post of mine.
But just my feeling, I could be wrong.

TS
TS
vikingen

vikingen

Redders. The Grey Wiggle. #Qatar2022
OT Supporter
I got the impression it rolled off of him pretty easy. He knew he was being controversial.
I’d talk shit to him and 5 minutes later he’d be liking a post of mine.
But just my feeling, I could be wrong.
nah mate, he was honestly cool with everyone. he had love for everyone and I can say he was one of the most genuine friends ive ever made.

he cared about his friends more than your average 'friend' does. for real.

May 8, 2001
Colorado
Wow. Took me a while to read through all of this, and I'm not sure how I overlooked it (I need to be paying attn to SC more often).

So sorry to you @vikingen :othug: , (I know you were both excited for your trip to Nashville), and everyone else close to Chris.

Chris used to welcome my calls to talk about real estate and the business before I got into it. And he always made certain that I knew, that anytime I came back through TN, that I had a guaranteed place to crash... as I'm sure he did with about anyone. He was a very genuine and kind individual that I wish I had gotten the chance to meet IRL.

I've known a lot of people lost to this disease, and it never is gets any less shocking, numbing or upsetting at how quickly and abruptly someone can be taken from us.

I know many disagreed with his political views, but it's heartwarming to see how many people can overlook that to see the good in a person.

Take care of yourselves OT. If you feel you might have a drinking(or drug) problem. Please reach out to someone in your life(or a stranger in AA, you might be in for a huge surprise), or at least pop into @crotch 's thread and chat with us.

Jon91SE

These hoes ain’t loyal
OT Supporter
Mar 31, 2004
FL
Didnt even know dude but a month ago reached out to him in what was a total act of randomness. I talked with him on the phone for over like an hour and he was Johnny on the spot with texts after that. It seems trivial but thats not always easy to accommodate for a stranger and actually shows sincerity. He was super easy to talk with and just like that was an instant point of contact should i need it.

POL really brings out the worst in people here and its relentless. I realize this place is relatively anon and its fun to have that outlet but its also straight cringe how some posters handle it. The people all like "oh we didnt agree on POL but its all good" are generally some of the most garbage posters on OT. @Bugalu handled himself well against the endless trolling, especially considering that outside of the insanity he was probably a better human then most of his POL groupies.

I remember seeing him post that he was going to have to limit what he posted/shared on here because he realized POL would have the very real potential to cause IRL issues

Jesus..... smh....

deegan

Shoulda, woulda, coulda does not build prophecies
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
Didnt even know dude but a month ago reached out to him in what was a total act of randomness. I talked with him on the phone for over like an hour and he was Johnny on the spot with texts after that. It seems trivial but thats not always easy to accommodate for a stranger and actually shows sincerity. He was super easy to talk with and just like that was an instant point of contact should i need it.

POL really brings out the worst in people here and its relentless. I realize this place is relatively anon and its fun to have that outlet but its also straight cringe how some posters handle it. The people all like "oh we didnt agree on POL but its all good" are generally some of the most garbage posters on OT. @Bugalu handled himself well against the endless trolling, especially considering that outside of the insanity he was probably a better human then most of his POL groupies.

I remember seeing him post that he was going to have to limit what he posted/shared on here because he realized POL would have the very real potential to cause IRL issues

Jesus..... smh....
beautifully worded 30k post. Glad you got to know him personally like the rest of us

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971