SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
@JohnnyBeagle texted me about Chris today as I went in to change cell carriers and phones so I was basically offline most of the day setting up the new phone.
Finally sat down and read this whole thread... I can only imagine how @vikingen @chornelium and @JohnnyBeagle feel as well as others who knew him. I'm so sorry for them and his gf and fam.
All I can think to do is remember him in here and in good thought with friends.

I met Chris a coupe times, the 2 visits that stuck out were when my wife and I travelled to Nashville and when I was headed to Memphis to pick up a car.
He showed the wife and I the Lane Museum, knowing I love cars and would enjoy seeing such a quirky collection. He then suggested a place to eat/grab drinks at that the wife enjoyed. The whole time he was a great host, making sure we had fun and knew what else is fun to do in the area.
When I stopped by overnight one the way to Memphis, he invited me out with friends of his and honestly was a great host and checked up on me a good bit knowing he was the only person I knew in a completely different city.
Chatted with him many times on here and usually had good talks, sincerely will miss him.

I hope that maybe his death serves some good in stopping someone else from suffering in silence, I can't imagine what that's like and truly hope not something anyone I know has to go thru.
how does it take most of the day setting up a phone?

• Haha
Reactions: 93rx7

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
That Australia trip was such a blast. We had such a good group and all got along so well. Cam was the most amazing host and we all have been wanting to return the favor ever since. I know Chris would have planned an awesome time for you guys.

s8Ix82t.jpg

Then he and I met back up in Ft Worth when I wore that ridiculous jacket for the midland concert. I was single at the time and he was such a bro offering to take pics the entire night and letting me enjoy my little rhinestone cowboy fantasy :rofl: All night long people wanted pictures of the jacket and he never seemed annoyed at all. I can’t say I would have done the same.

YqJXd6Q.jpg

Here’s one with one of the guitar players from the band.

Hvxg3lz.jpg

And of course the pic that my fiancé says caught her attention.

ptfMVpM.jpg

We had plans to meet up when I was in Nashville this March but just couldn’t make it happen between his schedule and the tourist plans I already had in place. Really wish I had made it a priority. Would have loved for the SO to meet him. And of course I was still trying to get out there this month. It’s hitting pretty hard now thinking back on those memories and missed memories. I remember he went to California for a celebration of life for a friend who committed suicide. Chris was adamant about anyone being able to reach out to him at anytime if they needed someone to talk to. I know he was genuine with that promise too. Rip buddy.
damn I remember seeing your hog (I think?)

good times

• Support
  • Haha
Reactions: T_Dawgg and GH0ST

KingGargantuan

♖♘♗♕♔♗♘♖
Oct 4, 2001
VABeach
That Australia trip was such a blast. We had such a good group and all got along so well. Cam was the most amazing host and we all have been wanting to return the favor ever since. I know Chris would have planned an awesome time for you guys.

s8Ix82t.jpg

Then he and I met back up in Ft Worth when I wore that ridiculous jacket for the midland concert. I was single at the time and he was such a bro offering to take pics the entire night and letting me enjoy my little rhinestone cowboy fantasy :rofl: All night long people wanted pictures of the jacket and he never seemed annoyed at all. I can’t say I would have done the same.

YqJXd6Q.jpg

Hvxg3lz.jpg

ptfMVpM.jpg

We had plans to meet up when I was in Nashville this March but just couldn’t make it happen between his schedule and the tourist plans I already had in place. Really wish I had made it a priority. Would have loved for the SO to meet him. And of course I was still trying to get out there this month. It’s hitting pretty hard now thinking back on those memories and missed memories. I remember he went to California for a celebration of life for a friend who committed suicide. Chris was adamant about anyone being able to reach out to him at anytime if they needed someone to talk to. I know he was genuine with that promise too. Rip buddy.
:hug:
Also chick on your left looks just like my work bff.

And those ff mustaches seem to be coming back. Unless there’s just more ff’ers around for whatever reason. Seems like I’m seeing bunch of mustaches these days.

KGB ate my bread

EVERYTHING IS FINE
OT Supporter
Mar 15, 2005
Louisiana
Wish I hadn't been as shitty to him, fuck. Maybe he never noticed but even if he'd felt hurt by it once, now i think wasn't worth it.
This, and it is largely why I am trying to be better with things like my sarcasm on OT and just attitude and comments in general. OT is family, it just doesn't feel good to be an asshole to y'all.

And for that reason, I've got a Disqus account to argue with the retards on a local news site :wavey:

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia

s8Ix82t.jpg

YqJXd6Q.jpg

Hvxg3lz.jpg

ptfMVpM.jpg

Ohhhhhhh, it's lightning and clouds on the front. :eek3: Seriously thought it was mushrooms. :o

You and @Bugalu were hunting for rings around the same time - I kept getting the shapes you both wanted confused when I was searching inventory. :hs: :hug:

Reactions: DrewDown

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
Didnt even know dude but a month ago reached out to him in what was a total act of randomness. I talked with him on the phone for over like an hour and he was Johnny on the spot with texts after that. It seems trivial but thats not always easy to accommodate for a stranger and actually shows sincerity. He was super easy to talk with and just like that was an instant point of contact should i need it.

POL really brings out the worst in people here and its relentless. I realize this place is relatively anon and its fun to have that outlet but its also straight cringe how some posters handle it. The people all like "oh we didnt agree on POL but its all good" are generally some of the most garbage posters on OT. @Bugalu handled himself well against the endless trolling, especially considering that outside of the insanity he was probably a better human then most of his POL groupies.

I remember seeing him post that he was going to have to limit what he posted/shared on here because he realized POL would have the very real potential to cause IRL issues

Jesus..... smh....
This has still been weighing on me heavily. Still in shock. If we’re being honest, I’m kind of angry too. People that he disagreed with politically had been attacking him personally for YEARS calling him some pretty disgusting things. And some of those same people, after finding out he’s dead, are here saying “oh he seemed like such a nice guy.” Really? I’m not suggesting that constant abuse killed him. But it sure as fuck isn’t healthy. He spent a lot of time here and was very active. Imagine every comment getting multiple automatic clown face emoji’s and replies that you’re a smooth brain racist piece of shit. We read about how detrimental social media can be for mental health, leading to depression, isolation, etc. How healthy do you think it is when an angry mob incessantly attacks you personally after nearly every interaction? Every day. And is that something that would put you in an emotional state to want to drink more, or less?

“That guy I’ve called a garbage human being for the last 3 years seemed like a nice guy. RIP.” Fuck!

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
This has still been weighing on me heavily. Still in shock. If we’re being honest, I’m kind of angry too. People that he disagreed with politically had been attacking him personally for YEARS calling him some pretty disgusting things. And some of those same people, after finding out he’s dead, are here saying “oh he seemed like such a nice guy.” Really? I’m not suggesting that constant abuse killed him. But it sure as fuck isn’t healthy. He spent a lot of time here and was very active. Imagine every comment getting multiple automatic clown face emoji’s and replies that you’re a smooth brain racist piece of shit. We read about how detrimental social media can be for mental health, leading to depression, isolation, etc. How healthy do you think it is when an angry mob incessantly attacks you personally after nearly every interaction? Every day. And is that something that would put you in an emotional state to want to drink more, or less?

“That guy I’ve called a garbage human being for the last 3 years seemed like a nice guy. RIP.” Fuck!
honestly i get where you’re coming from but he got a rise out of instigating people in the pol forum, same with the memes he’d share on instagram so i sincerely doubt any negativity he experienced here played a vital role in all of it.

stevezissou

OT Supporter
Jul 15, 2009
US
Didnt even know dude but a month ago reached out to him in what was a total act of randomness. I talked with him on the phone for over like an hour and he was Johnny on the spot with texts after that. It seems trivial but thats not always easy to accommodate for a stranger and actually shows sincerity. He was super easy to talk with and just like that was an instant point of contact should i need it.

POL really brings out the worst in people here and its relentless. I realize this place is relatively anon and its fun to have that outlet but its also straight cringe how some posters handle it. The people all like "oh we didnt agree on POL but its all good" are generally some of the most garbage posters on OT. @Bugalu handled himself well against the endless trolling, especially considering that outside of the insanity he was probably a better human then most of his POL groupies.

I remember seeing him post that he was going to have to limit what he posted/shared on here because he realized POL would have the very real potential to cause IRL issues

Jesus..... smh....
X eleventy

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
honestly i think he enjoyed the banter

Stop it

He enjoyed making his point and then regretted entire conversations later, because he was smashed when he posted a lot of that shit. I could tell and I discussed it with him lightly. I suspect many of us could tell.

@saabguy is exactly right.

OT is full of very intelligent people. Very arrogant people. Very have-to-be-right people. Bugalu was not innocent, but most of us aren't. People need to learn to walk the fuck away from these psychotic religion and political arguments. It isn't worth the energy.

It's all fun and games until... This.

RIP Chris.

He was a very good dude. I didn't read the previous pages. If anyone knows of any special ongoings or donations or anything and cares to throw me a bat signal, I'd appreciate it.

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
honestly i think he enjoyed the banter
I was browsing through some old threads this morning. I saw a lot of him trying to have an actual discussion about topics. No one would reply in kind. It just served as fresh meat for the vultures to circle and attack him personally without regard to the actual topic he was discussing.

01ACRViper

Official OT LOTR Guru......... Spurs >*
Jul 12, 2001
Dallas

you don't think he trolled trying to get a rise out of people at all? :rofl:

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
I was browsing through some old threads this morning. I saw a lot of him trying to have an actual discussion about topics. No one would reply in kind. It just served as fresh meat for the vultures to circle and attack him personally without regard to the actual topic he was discussing.

Move along friend. Echo chamber isn't worth the energy.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971