SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

Dylith

OT Supporter
Jun 13, 2005
honestly i get where you’re coming from but he got a rise out of instigating people in the pol forum, same with the memes he’d share on instagram so i sincerely doubt any negativity he experienced here played a vital role in all of it.
I always assumed such negative attention seeking was probably caused by the depression rather than causing it. I know that is the case for many in my own family who have substance abuse problems and depression. I know he wasnt suicidal, but his story here and the two different aspects of him that this thread have showcased reminds me a lot of my sister who has an alcohol problem and tried to commit suicide.

• Support
Reactions: emanuel and kitty

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
There’s nothing to be gained from blaming anyone or feeling guilty about anything… hopefully just a reminder that there are real, complex people on the other end of the tubes, perhaps with struggles you would never imagine, so it’s best to be kind.
100%

The most polar opposite people here probably have a lot in common, and if they actually met IRL, would probably be friends. But if not friends, they’d at least be respectful to one another and treat the other with courtesy and dignity. Somehow that gets lost between the brain and the keyboard, and now 2 people who would be friends IRL are bitter angry rivals online. I wish people would remember that the member you’re getting ready to dunk on is just a dude trying to get through life and pay the bills and take care of his family while trying to pass the time on an archaic boomer message board :hs:

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
Ohhhhhhh, it's lightning and clouds on the front. :eek3: Seriously thought it was mushrooms. :o

You and @Bugalu were hunting for rings around the same time - I kept getting the shapes you both wanted confused when I was searching inventory. :hs: :hug:

Yeah it was inspired by one of their album covers

Oc7Pl5m.jpg

6oefJeE.jpg

Thanks again for all your help with the ring. I was meaning to send you a PM. She’s obsessed with it and just loves showing it off

deegan

Shoulda, woulda, coulda does not build prophecies
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
Ohhhhhhh, it's lightning and clouds on the front. :eek3: Seriously thought it was mushrooms. :o

You and @Bugalu were hunting for rings around the same time - I kept getting the shapes you both wanted confused when I was searching inventory. :hs: :hug:
Lol my missus was like mushroooms when she saw Drew’s jacket 😂

• Support
Reactions: DasVWBabe

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
People forget there is someone (who’s probably more like you than not esp on this site) on the other side of the screen.

I’ve had someone on here (a pretty well known poster) tell me in a PM that he refused to do business with me when I legitimately was looking for help, because “Someone on here (never said who) told me not do to business with you, you seem like a psycho”.

That was it, no evidence or reason. Like he was talking to fucking Ted Bundy or some shit. I still have the PM.

He’s never met me, never talked to me even on here, all he knew was my posts. I was just asking if he’d be willing to help me ship something.

I’m all for jokes and friendly put-downs, lord knows there’s plenty of that, but to actually not help me because he got some nonsense impression that I’m actually a dangerous person?

I know I’m weird but what the fuck? 99% of others here have been nice and willing to help with anything.

It made me kind of hesitant to reach out to anyone even here, and I just want everyone to know that words do matter. When someone tells you they’re willing to talk or help, then says that with no evidence, it just confirms that people actually think I’m some fucked up loser.

If anyone wants to talk, I won’t say no. I’m just expecting to be shit on constantly but it’s ok, some people just aren’t meant to be liked I guess.

Sorry for the rant, just feels like one of those days.
way to keep it anonymous :rofl:

Uncle Ruckus

hey y'all
Dec 8, 2004
Vaginal Passages Malibu
People forget there is someone (who’s probably more like you than not esp on this site) on the other side of the screen.

I’ve had someone on here (a pretty well known poster) tell me in a PM that he refused to do business with me when I legitimately was looking for help, because “Someone on here (never said who) told me not do to business with you, you seem like a psycho”.

That was it, no evidence or reason. Like he was talking to fucking Ted Bundy or some shit. I still have the PM.

He’s never met me, never talked to me even on here, all he knew was my posts. I was just asking if he’d be willing to help me ship something.

I’m all for jokes and friendly put-downs, lord knows there’s plenty of that, but to actually not help me because he got some nonsense impression that I’m actually a dangerous person?

I know I’m weird but what the fuck? 99% of others here have been nice and willing to help with anything.

It made me kind of hesitant to reach out to anyone even here, and I just want everyone to know that words do matter. When someone tells you they’re willing to talk or help, then says that with no evidence, it just confirms that people actually think I’m some fucked up loser.

If anyone wants to talk, I won’t say no. I’m just expecting to be shit on constantly but it’s ok, some people just aren’t meant to be liked I guess.

Sorry for the rant, just feels like one of those days.
You opened yourself up for some of that shit. I wouldn't want to offer for analysis my life as a maid and general laborer any more than I'd want to be a nurse at the largest level 1 trauma center of the largest Medical center of the world

f00l

Jun 14, 2004
This has still been weighing on me heavily. Still in shock. If we’re being honest, I’m kind of angry too. People that he disagreed with politically had been attacking him personally for YEARS calling him some pretty disgusting things. And some of those same people, after finding out he’s dead, are here saying “oh he seemed like such a nice guy.” Really? I’m not suggesting that constant abuse killed him. But it sure as fuck isn’t healthy. He spent a lot of time here and was very active. Imagine every comment getting multiple automatic clown face emoji’s and replies that you’re a smooth brain racist piece of shit. We read about how detrimental social media can be for mental health, leading to depression, isolation, etc. How healthy do you think it is when an angry mob incessantly attacks you personally after nearly every interaction? Every day. And is that something that would put you in an emotional state to want to drink more, or less?

“That guy I’ve called a garbage human being for the last 3 years seemed like a nice guy. RIP.” Fuck!
This has been going on in general on OT since it was created. This is nothing new.

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529