SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

Weapon X

Sep 5, 2001
what does drinking really give you? seriously. I might have 6 beers a year.

Big study done by the Gates Foundation shows zero benefits, only harm in drinking under 40. Personally, I hate alcohol in all forms and don't touch it.

I'm very sorry that this happened to him. He will be missed.

saabguy

Saab-free since 2013. Mortgage guru
OT Supporter
Aug 11, 2003
Loserville. Population: 1
People forget there is someone (who’s probably more like you than not esp on this site) on the other side of the screen.

I’ve had someone on here (a pretty well known poster) tell me that he refused to do business with me when I legitimately was looking for help, because “Someone on here (never said who) told me not do to business with you, you seem like a psycho”.

That was it, no evidence or reason. Like he was talking to fucking Ted Bundy or some shit.

He’s never met me, never talked to me even on here, all he knew was my posts. I was just asking if he’d be willing to help me ship something.

I’m all for jokes and friendly put-downs, lord knows there’s plenty of that, but to actually not help me because he got some nonsense impression that I’m actually a dangerous person?

I know I’m weird but what the fuck? 99% of others here have been nice and willing to help with anything.

It made me kind of hesitant to reach out to anyone even here, and I just want everyone to know that words do matter. When someone tells you they’re willing to talk or help, then says that with no evidence, it just confirms that people actually think I’m some fucked up loser.

If anyone wants to talk, I won’t say no. I’m just expecting to be shit on constantly but it’s ok, some people just aren’t meant to be liked I guess.

Sorry for the rant, just feels like one of those days.
I've worked with countless people through here with their mortgage stuff. And for that, I'm immensely grateful. It's how I make my living, so it really means a lot when people reach out and allow me to help them. And I've worked with people from all walks of life, from any background, race, religion, political affiliation, you name it. Never had any negative feedback or experiences, or people say I'm a POS. And likewise, everyone I've dealt with, I've enjoyed getting to know them and everyone has been just really cool down to earth people. And yet, I've read people here who will post "I can't believe people would trust him with their finance stuff. The guy is a __________ ", and they'd fill in the blank with some nonsense. So yeah, I get it. I know you messaged me before about some questions I won't get into here (with your old username). Despite not having our opinions aligned 100%, we had a perfectly rational and reasonable discussion. I didn't ignore you or tell you to fuck off because I'm not helping someone like you. And you didn't tell me to fuck off and refuse to ask for advice just because I don't share your opinion on other things. It's not just here, it's everywhere. People have violent irrational hate and anger towards people they don't even know, and then if they actually meet, it's like "huh, they were actually a pretty decent person after all."

I don't want to take away anymore from Chris. RIP buddy, you will be missed. If anyone knows of any donations or memorial funds or anything else that we can contribute to in his name/honor, please share. Thanks.

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
I've worked with countless people through here with their mortgage stuff. And for that, I'm immensely grateful. It's how I make my living, so it really means a lot when people reach out and allow me to help them. And I've worked with people from all walks of life, from any background, race, religion, political affiliation, you name it. Never had any negative feedback or experiences, or people say I'm a POS. And likewise, everyone I've dealt with, I've enjoyed getting to know them and everyone has been just really cool down to earth people. And yet, I've read people here who will post "I can't believe people would trust him with their finance stuff. The guy is a __________ ", and they'd fill in the blank with some nonsense. So yeah, I get it. I know you messaged me before about some questions I won't get into here (with your old username). Despite not having our opinions aligned 100%, we had a perfectly rational and reasonable discussion. I didn't ignore you or tell you to fuck off because I'm not helping someone like you. And you didn't tell me to fuck off and refuse to ask for advice just because I don't share your opinion on other things. It's not just here, it's everywhere. People have violent irrational hate and anger towards people they don't even know, and then if they actually meet, it's like "huh, they were actually a pretty decent person after all."

I don't want to take away anymore from Chris. RIP buddy, you will be missed. If anyone knows of any donations or memorial funds or anything else that we can contribute to in his name/honor, please share. Thanks.
Thank you. That’s why I deleted my rant, was just my depression talking and I didn’t want to take away from Chris’s thread.

Last edited:

obscure/renegade

Don't mind me.
OT Supporter
Oct 5, 2004
Georgia
POL really brings out the worst in people here and its relentless. I realize this place is relatively anon and its fun to have that outlet but its also straight cringe how some posters handle it. The people all like "oh we didnt agree on POL but its all good" are generally some of the most garbage posters on OT. @Bugalu handled himself well against the endless trolling, especially considering that outside of the insanity he was probably a better human then most of his POL groupies.

I remember seeing him post that he was going to have to limit what he posted/shared on here because he realized POL would have the very real potential to cause IRL issues

Jesus..... smh....
This is why I spent less than ten minutes browsing POL when I returned. Everyone is ready to tear each other apart and behave in the most repugnant ways possible, and for what, at the end of the day?

It's not that hard to be cool to people. Sure, there are some jerks on here, but you don't have to buy into what they're selling. Just keep it moving, continue to be cool to everyone.

canning

Super Moderator
Oct 31, 2001
This has still been weighing on me heavily. Still in shock. If we’re being honest, I’m kind of angry too. People that he disagreed with politically had been attacking him personally for YEARS calling him some pretty disgusting things. And some of those same people, after finding out he’s dead, are here saying “oh he seemed like such a nice guy.” Really? I’m not suggesting that constant abuse killed him. But it sure as fuck isn’t healthy. He spent a lot of time here and was very active. Imagine every comment getting multiple automatic clown face emoji’s and replies that you’re a smooth brain racist piece of shit. We read about how detrimental social media can be for mental health, leading to depression, isolation, etc. How healthy do you think it is when an angry mob incessantly attacks you personally after nearly every interaction? Every day. And is that something that would put you in an emotional state to want to drink more, or less?

“That guy I’ve called a garbage human being for the last 3 years seemed like a nice guy. RIP.” Fuck!
Take this to another thread, we're not doing this in here.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
Has anyone talked to his parents? I've been thinking of them non-stop since this happened along with his GF. I hope his doggo is ok, too. :(

I sent some resources to @vikingen via PM but wanted to make a recommendation in the open thread: r/widowers and r/griefsupport are both very accepting communities that have helped young partners of loss find local resources, support groups, and validation for their feelings after sudden loss. It's helped some people I know and I hope it might help someone just by reading it.

@Bugalu was thinking of going to the FLW house (and the Craig Steely house for that matter, which I thought would be more up his alley) in Hawaii in October. Asked me questions about it and I told him I would PM him if I noticed the week he wanted opened up since it's on my watch list. I got a notice last night that the week was available now. :wtc:

I'm not sure if they were all design fans, too, but he once commented that I was the only person to call him out for piling a bunch of shit on original Wassily chairs in the background of a pic of his doggo. :wtc:

deegan

Shoulda, woulda, coulda does not build prophecies
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
Has anyone talked to his parents? I've been thinking of them non-stop since this happened along with his GF. I hope his doggo is ok, too. :(

I sent some resources to @vikingen via PM but wanted to make a recommendation in the open thread: r/widowers and r/griefsupport are both very accepting communities that have helped young partners of loss find local resources, support groups, and validation for their feelings after sudden loss. It's helped some people I know and I hope it might help someone just by reading it.

@Bugalu was thinking of going to the FLW house (and the Craig Steely house for that matter, which I thought would be more up his alley) in Hawaii in October. Asked me questions about it and I told him I would PM him if I noticed the week he wanted opened up since it's on my watch list. I got a notice last night that the week was available now. :wtc:

I'm not sure if they were all design fans, too, but he once commented that I was the only person to call him out for piling a bunch of shit on original Wassily chairs in the background of a pic of his doggo. :wtc:
doggo is with the gf, i sent her a msg today, but didnt wanna get stuck into a convo, felt like she maybe need some sleep/chill time to process.. as @vikingen said, she has been with his parents since

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
doggo is with the gf, i sent her a msg today, but didnt wanna get stuck into a convo, felt like she maybe need some sleep/chill time to process.. as @vikingen said, she has been with his parents since
Don't forget about her and his parents. Check in. A lot. After the first 6 months, check in even more. :hug:

People don't know what to say to the bereaved, especially when it's so fresh, but sometimes you just don't have to. Just validate how much all of this sucks and let them cry, talk about him, relive memories. Let them know you're really grieving hard, too. It helps to know people loved him. This thread is testament to that.

deegan

Shoulda, woulda, coulda does not build prophecies
OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
Don't forget about her and his parents. Check in. A lot. After the first 6 months, check in even more. :hug:

People don't know what to say to the bereaved, especially when it's so fresh, but sometimes you just don't have to. Just validate how much all of this sucks and let them cry, talk about him, relive memories. Let them know you're really grieving hard, too. It helps to know people loved him. This thread is testament to that.
i had no contact with his parents, but was going to via fb, but give it a day or 2 let them figure life out for the next couple of days. how i felt to the news this morning, i cant even process how they're feeling :wtc:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds