SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Hazel Dell, WA (Portland, OR)
I’m considering my options and one is still taking the trip. Chris would be yelling at me right now to still man up and go see his town/state.

Hotel for 2 weeks would blow out my shitty kangaroo dollar budget. Would there be any OT Nashville crew with a spare couch I could crash on ?
I bet there would be. Though maybe a new thread so the idea doesn't get lost in this one. Or maybe others could meet you there and split costs on an airbnb?

Reactions: JohnnyBeagle

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
I’m considering my options and one is still taking the trip. Chris would be yelling at me right now to still man up and go see his town/state.

Hotel for 2 weeks would blow out my shitty kangaroo dollar budget. Would there be any OT Nashville crew with a spare couch I could crash on ?

Yeah, you guys have an awful exchange rate with USD right now. My poor GF is here from Perth through the end of the year and she is losing her mind with how much she's spending. :wtc:

My sister works for a (non-specific) hospitality company - if you PM me the area you want to be in I can see if she can help. :hug:

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory

random thought but set up an account for you and others that want to travel to the funeral or visit his family/gf to send condolences. A few people have asked if they can donate. IMO the money would be going to what he would want and a kindness for his family to see how much people care/d about him.

Update first post with information

edit: Just saw you are having a hard time. Maybe let @DasVWBabe write it. I would offer but I didn't really talk to him or know him that well. :o

Last edited:

Manthrax

Jan 1, 2007
Merryland
Cheers. Kinda hate to impose.. was hard to post the above comment let alone make a thread :hs:

Checking air bnb now
If the prices are a bit steep for where you want to stay, you can reach out to them and ask if you can get a reduced rate since you're staying so long.

I've had that work for me before during an extended stay since it's guaranteed thing when they might not have had anyone for some of those days.

Menger

OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2011

don’t cancel your trip. Make a thread. We’ll figure it out.

TS
TS
vikingen

vikingen

Redders. The Grey Wiggle. #Qatar2022
OT Supporter
random thought but sent up an account for you and others that want to travel to the funeral or visit his family/gf to send condolences. A few people have asked if they can donate. IMO the money would be going to what he would want and a kindness for his family to see how much people care/d about him.

No funeral details yet. The only comment made by his gf was an ashes spreading in California maybe 19th or 20th

My dates are 15th to 30th august currently if I can make that work somehow

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory
No funeral details yet. The only comment made by his gf was an ashes spreading in California maybe 19th or 20th

My dates are 15th to 30th august currently if I can make that work somehow
I'm just thinking a travel account set up now to help with expenses for you and others to visit would be a better use of OTers donations. Flowers die, but memories of people showing up from around the world to offer support don't. :hug:

I'll pay money if you show up in a kangaroo onesie.

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
Cheers. Kinda hate to impose.. was hard to post the above comment let alone make a thread :hs:

Checking air bnb now
It's not imposing though, it's visiting. And those that would feel as if it is, don't need to offer. Those that do, it's because they want to.

However, I also don't want to add additional stress to your life either. I'm happy to start a thread for you though. Send me the dates you're to be here and let's see what happens. Maybe a person or three can meet up for a few of the days, if not all of them.

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
If the prices are a bit steep for where you want to stay, you can reach out to them and ask if you can get a reduced rate since you're staying so long.

I've had that work for me before during an extended stay since it's guaranteed thing when they might not have had anyone for some of those days.
This. Never underestimate the power of leveraging bereavement as a discount. It feels sort of icky to do it for oneself, as well.

TS
TS
vikingen

vikingen

OT Supporter
I'm just thinking a travel account set up now to help with expenses for you and others to visit would be a better use of OTers donations. Flowers die, but memories of people showing up from around the world to offer support don't. :hug:

I'll pay money if you show up in a kangaroo onesie.
Making the Funeral date or not, rocking up still and seeing his gf and parents might mean something for them.

12xalt

I lost a bet, that's why
Super Moderator
Sep 14, 2001
random thought but set up an account for you and others that want to travel to the funeral or visit his family/gf to send condolences. A few people have asked if they can donate. IMO the money would be going to what he would want and a kindness for his family to see how much people care/d about him.

edit: Just saw you are having a hard time. Maybe let @DasVWBabe write it. I would offer but I didn't really talk to him or know him that well. :o
Excellent suggestion

JohnnyBeagle

Calcutta Viper
OT Supporter
Oct 18, 2004
Digital Nomad

@crotch

TS
TS
vikingen

vikingen

OT Supporter
RIP @Bugalu

@Do it To it - was he on one of our first OT covid zoom calls where we all nearly blacked out?

For those heavy boozers (myself included):
Get your yearly physical and full blood work/liver panel testing. Can be a good indicator of when it’s time to stop or slow down :hs:
Yes that was Chris .. me too possibly

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wet0529