SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

T_Dawgg

Escape Goat
May 6, 2001
vancity
Ideally I’d love to pat Marco and Patsy-Cline :)

Will check tickets re: AZ and let you know asap. Heads a mess still. Dunno wtf to do
Old Town Scottsdale is a good fucking time tbh

I know Drew isn't in Phoenix but close enough to spend a few nights at the bars there looking at ass

• Haha
Reactions: vikingen

nine

OT Supporter
Jun 23, 2004
so. cal.
RIP @Bugalu

@Do it To it - was he on one of our first OT covid zoom calls where we all nearly blacked out?

For those heavy boozers (myself included):
Get your yearly physical and full blood work/liver panel testing. Can be a good indicator of when it’s time to stop or slow down :hs:
tbf it’s probably time to start slowing down on that shit regardless. shouldn’t need a doctor warning you to know that.

Sp33dealer

Bully Troll Crew
Aug 3, 2005
DFW
SWvaKnG.jpg

Man, gone a week later. That hits hard.
that is creepy

Manthrax

Jan 1, 2007
Merryland
I've read the whole thread and don't think I've seen this mentioned yet, as someone who has lost a friend to suicide from the grief of a death I feel I need to say this.

If any of you who were close to Chris, or even if you weren't, and this is making you have bad thoughts PLEASE reach out to someone, anyone. Family, friends, co worker, someone on OT, anyone.

We may be a dysfunctional community, but we're a community. No one needs to suffer alone. Don't feel like you're out of place or being a burden for doing so. This thread is proof of how much we care.

thegooch

Jan 5, 2008
I’m just curious how much he was drinking to go from seemingly fine to dead within less than a week.
You can easily die from withdrawals once you get to a certain level of alcoholism. I spent a month in rehab a decade ago, shit if really fucking scary. Addiction is fucking nuts. Couldn't have any hairspray, any hand sanitizer, basically anything with alcohol because the true addicts will drink that shit.

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
You can easily die from withdrawals once you get to a certain level of alcoholism. I spent a month in rehab a decade ago, shit if really fucking scary. Addiction is fucking nuts. Couldn't have any hairspray, any hand sanitizer, basically anything with alcohol because the true addicts will drink that shit.
Withdrawals are no joke. Ended up in the hospital in 2014 with full blown DT’s at 2 am after trying to quit over a weekend.

Went to three different rehabs eight times from 2015-2019, including a hardcore Christian one in the middle of nowhere, the others were medical/CBT-based ones.

At least one person drank hand sanitizer or got caught smoking various things in the bathroom at all of them.

Seeing it up close was something else. I’ve posted my full story about my struggle with alcoholism a couple times before.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Msds