SRS It is with absolute heavy heart and sorrow I make this thread. *RIP Bugalu*

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
You can easily die from withdrawals once you get to a certain level of alcoholism.
Withdrawals are no joke. Ended up in the hospital in 2014 with full blown DT’s at 2 am after trying to quit over a weekend.

Yup.

There are even alcohol-specific signs on jail cell walls about the deadly alc withdrawal symptoms.

Dusty Busterson

OT Supporter
Sep 19, 2007
Las Vegas
How much were you drinking daily at that point? Like 20+ "drinks"?

Also I dunno what your user name means but I like to think that's what a dustbuster's mom calls him when she's angry
In 2010 my ex-gf brought me to the hospital with a BAC of .273 after chugging at least three OG Four Lokos. I was absolutely blackout drunk. I’m 5’6, 150 lbs, so it initially didn’t take much for me to get drunk.

When my now-wife took me to the hospital in 2014, I was at a fifth of vodka a day, usually with a six or twelve pack mixed in during the day if I was off that day.

In 2019 I was brought into a rehab with a BAC of .35 after drinking who knows how much shit-tier liquor. I was aware, walking and talking like I’d maybe had a couple beers.

Last edited:

turbo35

haters gonna hate
May 8, 2001
Seattle-ish, WA
In 2010 my ex brought me to the hospital with a BAC of .273 after chugging at least three OG Four Lokos. I was absolutely blackout drunk. I’m 5’6, 150 lbs, so it initially didn’t take much for me to get drunk.

When my now-wife took me to the hospital in 2014, I was at a fifth of vodka a day, usually with a six or twelve pack mixed in during the day if I was off that day.

In 2019 I was brought into a rehab with a BAC of .35 after drinking who knows how much. I was aware, walking and talking like I’d maybe had a couple beers.
A fifth is like 16 drinks, throw in some extra beer... right around 20 yeah. Oof.

halflife78

WTF MATE??
Aug 11, 2004
Atlanta Area
Probably in the minority but I don’t drink at all. Growing up I never remember once in my life seeing my Dad drink and when I was older I asked why I never saw him with alcohol and he told me when I came to live with him full time as a kid he would have a six pack in the frig and when I saw him drinking for the first time I gave him a sad face and asked why he was drinking, he dumped it all down the drain and never picked up another alcoholic beverage in my sight.

Had a friend that was 18 burn alive in a car after he wrecked drunk. Watched my ex-wife’s stepmom die in the hospital due to liver failure. Decided a long time ago I wasn’t going down that path and followed in my Dad’s footsteps, have a 21 and 12 year old both boys and neither one have ever seen an drink in my hand.

As a non drinker I always got so much shit from people at the bar. Finally figured out it’s because I would always remember the dumb shit everyone else did clearly which no one liked.

halflife78

WTF MATE??
Aug 11, 2004
Atlanta Area
And like people have said here, it impacts people differently. My uncle has been drinking 12-24 beers a day my entire life and is still chugging along without any serious issues.

cjonesy22002

at least i wasn't an 06
OT Supporter
Jan 15, 2005
clt nc
Withdrawals are no joke. Ended up in the hospital in 2014 with full blown DT’s at 2 am after trying to quit over a weekend.

Went to three different rehabs eight times from 2015-2019, including a hardcore Christian one in the middle of nowhere, the others were medical/CBT-based ones.

At least one person drank hand sanitizer or got caught smoking various things in the bathroom at all of them.

Seeing it up close was something else. I’ve posted my full story about my struggle with alcoholism a couple times before.
cbt based?

Wolf

Slow Suicide's No Way To Go
OT Supporter
Mar 23, 2003
San Jose, CA
You can easily die from withdrawals once you get to a certain level of alcoholism. I spent a month in rehab a decade ago, shit if really fucking scary. Addiction is fucking nuts. Couldn't have any hairspray, any hand sanitizer, basically anything with alcohol because the true addicts will drink that shit.
Vanilla extract :embd:

firemunki

I am the patron saint of lost causes
Aug 23, 2001
Scottsdale
Probably in the minority but I don’t drink at all. Growing up I never remember once in my life seeing my Dad drink and when I was older I asked why I never saw him with alcohol and he told me when I came to live with him full time as a kid he would have a six pack in the frig and when I saw him drinking for the first time I gave him a sad face and asked why he was drinking, he dumped it all down the drain and never picked up another alcoholic beverage in my sight.

Had a friend that was 18 burn alive in a car after he wrecked drunk. Watched my ex-wife’s stepmom die in the hospital due to liver failure. Decided a long time ago I wasn’t going down that path and followed in my Dad’s footsteps, have a 21 and 12 year old both boys and neither one have ever seen an drink in my hand.

As a non drinker I always got so much shit from people at the bar. Finally figured out it’s because I would always remember the dumb shit everyone else did clearly which no one liked.
I’ve been evaluating my alcohol usage recently, but this thread hyper accelerated it. I wish I could love hyper cold milk and a blister pack of almonds as much as you do

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
West1971