SRS It's amazing the difference a new dr can make

RyRy

Jun 22, 2005
DFW
She listens, even if I have to write my thoughts and stuff down on paper so I won't have to say them so they won't be real she reads them and then we have a q and a style session afterwords. If we go 30 minutes over a 15 minute appointment she doesn't charge extra. So today after this being our 5th or 6th appointment she finally gave me her diagnoses. Bipolar 1 (not new), PTSD, Panic Disorder, Agoraphobia, and OCD (all new). I finally feel like I have a doctor that is listening and cares, and that is actually there to help me get better :bowdown: :big grin:

Spiritus

Oct 15, 2002
You're going to have to do more then take pills bro. Exercise, eat healthy, listen to beautiful music, no drinking or weed etc...

Just taking pills is a band aid solution. They do help in the short term but you are gonna want to stop eating doing bad things and start doing good things for the sake of your health.

TS
TS
RyRy

RyRy

Jun 22, 2005
DFW
You're going to have to do more then take pills bro. Exercise, eat healthy, listen to beautiful music, no drinking or weed etc...

Just taking pills is a band aid solution. They do help in the short term but you are gonna want to stop eating doing bad things and start doing good things for the sake of your health.

I pretty much gave up major drinking 5 years ago, never smoked weed or done any drugs so that's not an issue. I do drink from time to time but I make sure now to watch what I am doing so it doesn't get to the point it did almost 6 years ago where I was drinking daily... drinking to go to work, keeping some bottles in my car so when my anxiety or stress got to bad, go out have a few drinks on my break and come back happy, then going home to drink myself to sleep. Knowing what I know NOW I was self-medicating with booze, NyQuil, Benadryl, etc. back then. I'm starting to watch what I eat better (hitting 300lbs should do that to anyone in their right mind or not...) and I am now down to 279, with an ideal goal of getting down to 200 by years end but I will be happy if I can get down to 230. I also have a MAJOR food addiction for which I'm not really seeking help for at this point.

Spiritus

Oct 15, 2002
Well sure to be do a bit of meditating or "napping" on your fear, gluttony, pain and so forth.

The pathway out of your illness is through comprehension about the nature of yourself. When you understand it you will be able to exersize self mastery to some extent and live a better life.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan