It's Martin Shkreli. I'm back after 6 years.

Grobar

Nov 3, 2014
Belgrade
aww yeah sectarian violence

article-0-0D85BCCA000005DC-773_468x329.jpg

meyou

OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2005
he's fucking smart, and seized opportunity and profited off of it.

Absolutely NOTHING wrong with utilizing the system as it's configured.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Laws aren't a substitute for morals/ethics.

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
Well unless you have any kind of empathy for your fellow man

what does empathy for my fellow man have to do with anything? todays medical market allows for drug companies to absolutely run the market price for their drugs, Pfizer, BI, etc etc all do it with their blockbusters. I don't see you yelling about their lack of empathy for your fellow man? Most of the companies he purchases and runs the cost up on, are typically paid by insurance/Medicaid/medicare.

:dunno:

Grobar

Nov 3, 2014
Belgrade
what does empathy for my fellow man have to do with anything? todays medical market allows for drug companies to absolutely run the market price for their drugs, Pfizer, BI, etc etc all do it with their blockbusters. I don't see you yelling about their lack of empathy for your fellow man? Most of the companies he purchases and runs the cost up on, are typically paid by insurance/Medicaid/medicare.

Yeah because a system is set up a certain way we should ignore morals and ethics, and profit.

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey

I'm pretty sure a lot of people protest this:ugh: I'm not fine at all with anyone price gouging the sick. One of my friends committed suicide partially because of the medical debt she was in.

Grobar

Nov 3, 2014
Belgrade
So make the govt change the laws..

It's no different than people abusing social programs for their benefit.

I'm not saying I would do the same thing, but I can't admonish the dude for doing it.

There's a huge difference in life when a person has to do something treacherous in order to survive, and when someone who is extremely well of does the same.

Life isn't black and white as you make it out.

Normie

KungFlu Crew #002
OT Supporter
I'm pretty sure a lot of people protest this:ugh: I'm not fine at all with anyone price gouging the sick. One of my friends committed suicide partially because of the medical debt she was in.

Protest all you want, until the laws keep the drug companies from dictating pricing in the market, nothing will change.

Look at Europe and other areas around the world who don't allow drug companies to have free reign, it's a whole different environment.

I'm sorry for your loss. But that isn't going to change our current processes that favor the drug companies.

This guy might actually bring about positive change through his greed. Then what?

CommanderFish

OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2011
South Jersey
So make the govt change the laws..

It's no different than people abusing social programs for their benefit.

I'm not saying I would do the same thing, but I can't admonish the dude for doing it.

It's easier to change the laws when you're a multi-billion dollar drug conglomerate

Grobar

Nov 3, 2014
Belgrade
selling drugs or working under the table while collecting welfare isn't "doing it to survive."

I agree, but the using that as a platform to support guys like Shkreli is ludicrous.

Edit: selling drugs part. Some people have no choice but to work under the table. All work is RESPECTABLE.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec