SRS It's time for my biannual drugs/alcohol recovery thread.

iLLt3ck

Aug 1, 2002
Pitted, so pitted
and when she told me she relapsed and thinks she can manage her drinking my reply was LMAO and my wife said how can you laugh at her i said i am laughing at her thinking she can control her drinking. 7 years of AA beating it in your head that it is a grand delusion to think we can drink like non alcoholics and she has convinced herself she has it figured out and is not like those other schmucks.
If you ruminate long enough on something you can convince yourself of anything.

Reactions: crotch

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
How are you doing?
in on this
I stopped the taper at 60mg and I've gone back up to 80mg. I was at 95mg. I was going too fast I think. I was trying to do 5mg every week but when I got down to 60 I felt bad in the mornings. I also began to have those all too familiar cravings and recognized it wasn't going to work or at least not that fast. Plus I was stopping for the wrong reasons imo. Not sure when I'll try again right now but when I do I guess I'm going to try 5mg every two weeks or something. Haven't used or anything though so I don't feel like a failed or anything just a hard spot I'm in.

Reactions: Downset and crotch
TS
TS
crotch

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
I stopped the taper at 60mg and I've gone back up to 80mg. I was at 95mg. I was going too fast I think. I was trying to do 5mg every week but when I got down to 60 I felt bad in the mornings. I also began to have those all too familiar cravings and recognized it wasn't going to work or at least not that fast. Plus I was stopping for the wrong reasons imo. Not sure when I'll try again right now but when I do I guess I'm going to try 5mg every two weeks or something. Haven't used or anything though so I don't feel like a failed or anything just a hard spot I'm in.
nah u just riding it out bro

you’re on less than you were. shit id recommend that taper being elongated further. maybe 5mg every 3 weeks so it’s more subtle but i’m not a doc obviously

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
nah u just riding it out bro

you’re on less than you were. shit id recommend that taper being elongated further. maybe 5mg every 3 weeks so it’s more subtle but i’m not a doc obviously
It's crazy what your mind does when it doesn't have all it is used to. I had started dreaming about dope again and was like uh oh.

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
Subuxone. Sucked
did you do H or pills? How long did you take subs for? Are you clean still? Did you jump to cold turkey from the 4mg subs? How long and bad were the initial w/d symptoms and then how long did you feel shitty for before you felt better?

I would take methadone for the rest of my life if it helped me stay off illicit opiates. I would like to see what the possibilities are without it because that is the ultimate goal but I'm not completely averse to being on it for a long time.

boredmonk

Sep 3, 2007
alabama
did you do H or pills? How long did you take subs for? Are you clean still? Did you jump to cold turkey from the 4mg subs? How long and bad were the initial w/d symptoms and then how long did you feel shitty for before you felt better?

I would take methadone for the rest of my life if it helped me stay off illicit opiates. I would like to see what the possibilities are without it because that is the ultimate goal but I'm not completely averse to being on it for a long time.
Pills. I was on the subs for about 4 years and at the end I was taking 4 8mgs per day. Went cold turkey in September 2016. Went through w/d for months. Best life decision I ever made. Found god, got a divorce, lost weight etc etc

Reactions: {hydro} and Charlie

Charlie

omghi2u
OT Supporter
Jan 2, 2005
Atlanta
Pills. I was on the subs for about 4 years and at the end I was taking 4 8mgs per day. Went cold turkey in September 2016. Went through w/d for months. Best life decision I ever made. Found god, got a divorce, lost weight etc etc
I think you're a stronger man that me. Withdrawal for that long must have been hell. I've always thought going through something like that would help me stay away. :dunno:

TS
TS
crotch

crotch

😑
Oct 12, 2001
Nashville, TN
was gonna wait till august to bump this but i had a childhood friend that has 2 years sober call me the other day bc he cleans out estates before the auction off the house. the deceased had passed away but secured a 50 year chip before he did so the widow wanted to make an effort for any of the home goods and appliances to go to either a rehab facility or a halfway house or just in general any addict or alcoholic and if not they were going to go to goodwill.

so he called me to see if i knew anybody in need, turns out he was the last person to see me at rock bottom before treatment but i barely recalled the day bc i eas blackout drunk and on my last leg.

i made a call to my sponsor who does IOP stuff and knows a lot of halfway house managers and he made some calls but nobody ended up calling him back so it was a good idea that sort of fell through but it felt good to at least attempt to get some of that stuff on the hands of people that are trying to turn things around

other than that, wife has still been doing well, continuing to do at least three meetings a week and she just started her fourth step. i need to hop back into mine just completed the 7th step in january.

how is everyone else? thanks for letting me share :o

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.9.0 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Er ko kary