ITT we shall post potentially embarrassing Home Screen screenshots of our phones :o

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
For me it’s because it’s just a tool that enables me to do shit, and it doesn’t need to be anything more than that. Can I call/text, browse the internet, check my email, etc? Yes, okay good enough.

I don’t need my phone to be some sort of expression of my identity or whatever, just give me squares that do the things I want when I press them.

Whatever works. Often, simple and consistent wins with software/UI design so in some ways I can see why they keep it so basic.

CitznFish

Don't live life by a single sentence
OT Supporter
Jun 12, 2002
SoCal
Here's an actual photo of TS

maxresdefault.jpg
Flubber, before harvesting day

• Haha
Reactions: Ranger-AO

emanuel

baby girl, how do I look in my durag?
OT Supporter
Oct 28, 2005
Los Angeles
Apparently Apple used a Speak and Spell as the inspiration for their home screen aesthetic 😂
For me it’s because it’s just a tool that enables me to do shit, and it doesn’t need to be anything more than that. Can I call/text, browse the internet, check my email, etc? Yes, okay good enough.

I don’t need my phone to be some sort of expression of my identity or whatever, just give me squares that do the things I want when I press them.
Yeah I didn’t even know it was a problem til @Boots pointed it out

It’s been 5 years since I replaced this phone and I’m only on it a couple hours a day, don’t really need or want it to do much

Reactions: NULL_bits

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
Android home screens can be as clean or messy as you want. iPhone screens are just a clusterfuck.

It's much better than it used to be. Still can't put icons anywhere you want, but they at least copied android and added an app drawer so you dont have to have all of them littering the home screen.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
trendworld