ITT we shall post potentially embarrassing Home Screen screenshots of our phones :o

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago
I don’t understand how these completely barren homescreens are even useful tbh… I have my Lock Screen to have widgets and stuff that I want to quickly glance at but when I am on my home screen I dont want it to just be a huge photo, I want everything I use to be right there and easily accessible :dunno:

Y’all with the homescreens with nothing on them basically have 2 lock screens…

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Same with Android... Thre isn't much difference between Android screen shots
giphy.gif

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
I don’t understand how these completely barren homescreens are even useful tbh… I have my Lock Screen to have widgets and stuff that I want to quickly glance at but when I am on my home screen I dont want it to just be a huge photo, I want everything I use to be right there and easily accessible :dunno:

I have three folders on my home screen that have transparent icons and no text. I know where they are so I can tap on them and open up folders full of common apps. Lets me have a nice clean home screen but still have quick access to all my common apps :cool:

Reactions: onedownfiveup

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ

90% of the time, I'm using the apps on my home screen. For the 10% I swipe up and 90% of the time Google knows what app I'm about to use and puts it at the top for me. Other 10% I just find it in the alphabetical drawer or type a couple letters till it find it.

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
Try not to be too biased.

How are those any different than iOS screens that have widgets and icons in different locations?

I would say it's not terribly different usability wise, but visually it's way more pleasing than having a bunch of folders and random icons everywhere. I also find it much easier to find things when you can rely on the alphabetical app drawer for the lesser used apps.

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
I would say it's not terribly different usability wise, but visually it's way more pleasing than having a bunch of folders and random icons everywhere. I also find it much easier to find things when you can rely on the alphabetical app drawer for the lesser used apps.
To be fair, the folders and having random icons all over are the end users choice. The only difference here is that with Android you can put a widget below the dock and you can put blank spaces between icons/folders. I guess I'll also throw in @Boots having hidden folders that can open with apps in it.

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
Try not to be too biased.

How are those any different than iOS screens that have widgets and icons in different locations?

Those three screens have some similarities because the three of us have similar taste... the iOS screens all look the same because you can't do much to the home screen.

Ramathorn15

OT Supporter
Jan 31, 2008
ABQ
To be fair, the folders and having random icons all over are the end users choice. The only difference here is that with Android you can put a widget below the dock and you can put blank spaces between icons/folders. I guess I'll also throw in @Boots having hidden folders that can open with apps in it.

Well you can also remove apps from the home screen and have them in an alphabetical drawer vs apples crappy attempt to try and auto organize into folders with no options to rename/add/remove folders.

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
Those three screens have some similarities because the three of us have similar taste... the iOS screens all look the same because you can't do much to the home screen.
So I guess most Android users have the same taste because most Android screenshots are very similar. Sometimes it's just a difference in the orientation of the icons/widgets like iPhone.

onedownfiveup

OT Supporter
Jun 26, 2005
Well you can also remove apps from the home screen and have them in an alphabetical drawer vs apples crappy attempt to try and auto organize into folders with no options to rename/add/remove folders.
You can remove apps from the home screen on iOS. The folders you're talking about are just the app library, swipe down from there and it lists them alphabetically You can use an app drawer list like Android.

You can also swipe down on the home screen and it will pop up the most commonly used apps as well as potentially needed apps based on location.

Boots

I'm wearing a disguise
Jul 2, 2001
🇨🇦
So I guess most Android users have the same taste because most Android screenshots are very similar. Sometimes it's just a difference in the orientation of the icons/widgets like iPhone.

oh some Android home screens are hideous. Being able to change stuff isn't always good :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.13.2 Copyright © 2000-2023 Offtopic.com
Served by fx.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abdallahppp6