GAME I've decided that I'm going to buy a PS5 solely for Gran Turismo 7.

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
No it was a ps2 title because thats the last Playstation I bought before I went Xbox for forza 2 or 3. Played the hell out of that before I got into iracing.

I'm not really sure what ridiculous delay you mean then. GT3 came out within like 6 months of the PS2 launch, and about a year and a half after GT2. :dunno:

spooled2.2

fuck off real life flanders
OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2002
Rancho Relaxo
I'm not really sure what ridiculous delay you mean then. GT3 came out within like 6 months of the PS2 launch, and about a year and a half after GT2. :dunno:
Might have been gt4 then, I just remember waiting forever after it was delayed many times.

Gt1 was the shit tho.

spooled2.2

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2002
Rancho Relaxo
Google helps....

It was gt2. Fuck I was so mad :rofl:

Nov 4, 1999: sony says it will ship before end of 1999....

Then in April 2000... "might ship by fall in Japan. N.A.: no idea.

spooled2.2

OT Supporter
Mar 1, 2002
Rancho Relaxo
The whole PC sim thing is a rabbit hole I dare not travel into. For as much as a high end setup costs, I could buy an NB Miata and let tires and brakes bleed me dry. :rofl:
Not quite.

You could build a decent setup for less than 3k and get way more out of it then bullshit arcade titles pretending to be Sims.

JeffSTL

OT Supporter
Aug 26, 2004
Illinois
The whole PC sim thing is a rabbit hole I dare not travel into. For as much as a high end setup costs, I could buy an NB Miata and let tires and brakes bleed me dry. :rofl:
Ya but I have a fetish for taking stock street cars and seeing how low I can get them around LS or the Ring (as long as I can hit the rewind button 7 times per turn :mamoru: )

I also love to really experience how each car drives. You're limited on how much you can do that without a wheel, but when you have the in car view you can really tell how each car drives. I think thats so cool. Kinda scratches the itch I have to spend way too much fucking money on a toy.

My huge ass aint fitting in a Miata anyway. Maybe an NC with seat mods I guess. Hate to see what even the lower end Miata market has blown up to like everything else has.

baboymo

Have you been circumcised?
Nov 15, 2000
Bay Area, CA
Fair enough…I got my PS4 when Red Dead 2 was released…got my Switch on launch since ZELDA came with it.

Don’t really see any games on the PS5 that’re system sellers just yet. Besides I’ve still got a heavy PS4 back log. :o

SkiMax

Dec 11, 2004
Chicago
I bought my PS3 for gran turismo. Ended up also getting into call of duty.

I could see myself also getting a PS5 for gran turismo again… :o

Boomchrono

Dooda la dooda la doodaley doo
OT Supporter
Jul 6, 2021
I remember buying the original xbox for two games: Jet set radio future. Tetris worlds.

And I'll be damned if mine didn't come with both right out of the box. Also had sega gt2002. Those were the only three games I ever played on it I think.

TheEvil1

Hell is other people
OT Supporter
Jul 4, 2003
BFE NY
the only reason i owned a Xbox and a 360 was to play Halo. i have not purchased one since the 360

i got a PS3 because everyone i knew had one and no single person had an xbox, and we wanted to play shit together, PS land been solid

Chirp08

Jan 26, 2008
Turn10 almost forces you to get to racing the prototypes and shit as fast as possible. Racing those things are zero fun for me.

Agreed completely. The lower level races where they put you into cars you would never ever pick yourself were a ton of fun. Then you found yourself upgrading and exploring the potential of those cars.

I also hate in 7 that they gave you the F1 car but forced you to race it on non-F1 tracks like tight city courses where it absolutely sucks.

Reactions: DCC

Highlander_77

Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!!!
Dec 7, 2000
New England
Google helps....

It was gt2. Fuck I was so mad :rofl:

Nov 4, 1999: sony says it will ship before end of 1999....

Then in April 2000... "might ship by fall in Japan. N.A.: no idea.

Well that doesn't make sense either. According to Google and Wikipedia, GT2 came out in December 1999 :confused:

And if it had been pushed back to late 2000, that means it would have come out less than a year prior to GT3.

MTK Kommander

Mar 30, 2001
SoCal
I bought an Xbox 360 to only play Forza horizon. Other than that the only game I've played since ps2 is MLB the show. I purposely haven't bought MLB the show 21 because I haven't found a PS5 at retail

Yoritomo

dad's jar chimer
Sep 26, 2001
DFW
Who else is dumb enough to buy a console for a single game? :rofl: :o
I've done this for every Playstation.

I buy it when they release Gran Turismo. I'll usually pick up another couple of games but this is my main reason I get the system.

DeezNortz

THE MEATLOAF! WE WANT IT NOW!!!
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
if i had any free time in my life i would do the same. i think i did it for GT4 back in the day and PS3.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec