I've got terminal cancer, and going through my bucket list. Just took ecstasy...

deegan

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
can this get a sticky?

really feeling the good fellowship from OT here, reminds me of old times, definitely worth it!

paging glen5839 / TankRizzo

remove the last 3 words from thread title if necessary

10SE

Aug 14, 2003
Tennessee
AWESOME fucking thread!!!

As shitty as OT has been lately, this is a breath of fresh air. Thanks for sharing your life with us!

Derek

OT Supporter
Jun 11, 2003
ATL
Your story and attitude really puts things in perspective. Thanks for sharing and good luck with everything else you pursue. :bigthumb:

DeezNortz

THE MEATLOAF! WE WANT IT NOW!!!
OT Supporter
Sep 15, 2010
Thanks, that's my only goal. Honestly, as corny as it is, if I can get a few people to go get skin checks, i've done good in life :)

You're a good guy. There are many people the world should go on without....people like you should stay.

Best of luck. :)

buttslut

Queen Trumpkin
Sep 13, 2003
V O L
My mom was diagnosed with lung cancer about two years ago. She had to have surgery, chemo, etc.

Through the whole process, she was reading tons and tons on cancer, e.g., the China Study. After recovering from surgery and chemo she went to Hippocrates in Florida for over a month to change her lifestyle. Since then, she has been vegan/raw and swears by it.

http://www.hippocratesinst.org/

You should check it out.

Best of luck mate.

One of my exes who has cancer was on a raw diet. He has Multiple Myeloma..they found it in the 3rd stage (3rd stage is terminal stage). He had OJ in his diet which was counter acting the chemo:hs:

MissKitty

If squats were easy they'd be called 'Your Mum'
OT Supporter
Jun 21, 2004
Dingoland

Au crew are pretty fuckin good at this, so come, join us. We promise to show you a great time!
Fuck off. :rofl: You can't even accept Australians in your Aussie crew let alone people from overseas

Derek

OT Supporter
Jun 11, 2003
ATL
Yes.

This is probably the main thing I want to leave for everyone:

I got melanoma, skin cancer, from TOO LITTLE SUN, not too much. I had a mole on my upper left thigh, and a MASSIVE Vitamine D deficiency (it basically rounded down to zero when they tested me).

If you have ANY moles that change shape, change colour, or just don't look right, get them tested IMMEDIATELY. Also get a skin check once a year, it only takes 15 minutes and there are cancer clinics that'll do it free (in Australia anyway).

I was VERY lucky (in a way), wife is nurse, noticed it changed. If i'd waited a few more weeks, it would've passed my sentinal (?) nodes and i'd already be dead. They caught early BUT a year later it popped up elsewhere. It gave me an extra few years by noticing earlier.

I suppose this makes sense. I have had ~15 moles removed in the last 10 years and they were all in areas that rarely ever got sun. The moles that do get regular sun haven't changed and fortunately all of my scars are hidden under clothing. I now get checked every 6 months and I will remember your story every time I consider cancelling an appointment and putting it off until later.

Again, thanks for sharing your story. :hs:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor