I've got terminal cancer, and going through my bucket list. Just took ecstasy...

N8

Dec 27, 2001
Canada
Holy cow. Props to you for keeping a positive outlook on things. Those i've spoken with in the cancer centre say that a good attitude can go a long way in keeping you going in these sorts of situations.

I hope that you make a miraculous recovery, even though the chances of that happening are small. :hs:

Oppai

May 24, 2005
On the Road
You should record videos for your kid's future big days so your wife has something to play for him/her: first day of school, turning 16, first breakup, going to college, getting married, becoming a parent, etc etc.

Saw something about that somewhere and left me a weepy wreck.

Kafka

Feb 16, 2007
Los Angeles --> D.C.
two N's on that one

also, I was unaware until now that low exposure could CAUSE melanoma. but what do we say about everything in life... moderation wins

ya, it does. having a lack of sunlight and vitamin d can cause it just as much as too much sun exposure can.

i recommend taking a vit d supplement every day or every other day.

BrianCash

Jan 25, 2009
Chicago
I've found that I tend to have fewer dreams when I've been smoking weed.

This is probably the biggest thing I miss about smoking weed.

I was huge smoker and never had a dream, now every night I wake up to the most fucked up dreams.

Sorry to hear about your condition man hope you get many more years before it spreads further.

:hug:

DasVWBabe

OT's Diamond and Gemstone Tutorial Creator
OT Supporter
Sep 25, 2002
Frisconia
You should record videos for your kid's future big days so your wife has something to play for him/her: first day of school, turning 16, first breakup, going to college, getting married, becoming a parent, etc etc.

I love this idea. :love::h5:

Recently saw something on Reddit that might be a fun project for you to leave for your wife and possible child.

The husband of a Redditor left on a 241 day deployment over seas, and when she got back to work from saying goodbye, he had sent her flowers and on a tiny bit of a scavenger hunt to a box in the back of their closet. The box contained 241 love letters for every day he was gone. :hs:

http://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/vzygm/after_sending_off_my_husbands_ship_for_an_8_month/

and

http://www.reddit.com/r/aww/comments/w360r/military_photographer_caught_this_moment_this_is/

Phlab

OT Supporter
May 2, 2004
NYC/Columbus
Easy for you to say, you presumably aren't fatherless children of cancer victims.

easy buddy.. not in this thread. i'm gonna have to lock it down. zero hostility

nfAET.jpg

imbored

Aug 11, 2005
OKC
goddamn. you are kicking ass at outlook.

do what you can and kick life in the nuts dude.

babies with rabies

Jul 23, 2010
STL Metro East
Thanks mate. Always been a fan of you on here :)

No sunburn, Vit D deficiency.

The mole: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...zI/AAAAAAAAJkA/HkfbniJ4lkw/s1024/IMG_0970.JPG

The wide excision: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...2I/AAAAAAAAJlM/nOAhyIMSDzw/s1024/IMAG0265.jpg

3 more surgeries after that one (groin, not posting pics :p and 3 around stomach, but pics show groin).

:wavey:

Keep it up mate. And please get regular checks. It's all I ask of people before I go, to stop it happening to hters :hsd:

Get a full professional check once a year. I had a guy in my hospital ward who had a mole above his butt crack, never saw it, never knew it was there, cancer moved into lymph nodes (like mine did) and he died 4 weeks later. I liked him :wtc:

Thanks bro :)

Aussie ftw. Which city?

In AU it's free checks, covered under medicare/etc.

If you're in NSW, PM/reply and i'll tell you where to go.

No mortgage (family giving us a house soon). Credit card don't care, I pay my shit off pretty quick. They actually just doubled my limit which gave us a few laughs ;)

Yes you can go apeshit on it but they chase down your wife for it etc.

She won't remarry. I know people go on about it and how all women are whores but I can honestly say we're made for each other. Our plan is to try have kids before I "leave", and her + her family (we're VERY close to our big family) are going to bring kid up and help look after them.

you should tell her that she should feel good about finding someone, or you are a selfish motherfucker. maybe you have tried to convince her of that, i dunno. but it seems obvious how you feel in your mentioning the all women are whores detail as if there's something wrong with her finding someone new. i admire your apparent courage and resolve in your situation, but there could still be some issues that need work.

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006

I've thought about doing something like that for future generations in my family (if I ever have kids).

ccampb6

OT Supporter
Dec 17, 2003
Little Rock, AR
I don't really have much to add. I really enjoy reading about this sort of stuff(I know, I know...creepy). Anyway, you should do a reddit AMA also. You might get some strange thrown at you or something. :rofl:

Either way, good luck and god speed. :wavey:

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Damn, bro, that sucks. But at least you're enjoying the fuck out of life more than a lot of us can do even with our "short" time here without cancer. :hug:

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
Two questions right now.

One, what about the administrative things in your life. Do your credit card or mortgage servicers know and do they change their policy? Ie could you go ape shit with your credit and leave them high and dry?

Second, have you and yo ur wife discussed what's next with her in terms of whether she'll remarry? Sorry if that last one is inappropriate.

Good luck broski

I'm sure this has been answered already, but I don't think he can do this because once he's gone, all his debts would transfer to his wife. :nono:

Juggaman

Jul 19, 2004
Nashville
Its sad that it takes something like Terminal Cancer for us to truly enjoy our lives. Cheers to you for taking it all in stride and making the best of it. If you ever happen to make it stateside and end up in the Country Music Capitol of the World, drinks are on me bro! :h5:

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec