I've got terminal cancer, and going through my bucket list. Just took ecstasy...

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
Yes.

This is probably the main thing I want to leave for everyone:

I got melanoma, skin cancer, from TOO LITTLE SUN, not too much. I had a mole on my upper left thigh, and a MASSIVE Vitamine D deficiency (it basically rounded down to zero when they tested me).

If you have ANY moles that change shape, change colour, or just don't look right, get them tested IMMEDIATELY. Also get a skin check once a year, it only takes 15 minutes and there are cancer clinics that'll do it free (in Australia anyway).

I was VERY lucky (in a way), wife is nurse, noticed it changed. If i'd waited a few more weeks, it would've passed my sentinal (?) nodes and i'd already be dead. They caught early BUT a year later it popped up elsewhere. It gave me an extra few years by noticing earlier.

Whoa, one of the ones I had cut off was on my upper thigh, a place which never gets any sun.

My vitamin D levels were also low and the dr put me on 50,000 IU twice a week for a few months to correct it.

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
doing it exactly how id wanna do it if i was in that position :h5:

are you scared at all? i think itd still scare the shit out of me

I have my moments. I'm pretty much just giving in to it. It's nothing I did wrong. Eg if I got lung cancer from smoking, or whatever, i'd blame myself, but i've never smoked, don't drink much, this was just random... so nothing you can do really :)

For pass the time enjoyment do you read or watch tv/movies?

All the time. I'm a huge fan of reading. I read a novel a day (usually). I really enjoy just laying on my couch and reading or watching TV (I don't see it as a waste of time since it's something I love doing).

I just had 4 moles cut off this week. I'm scared of skin cancer. I'm very fair skinned.

Did you go in the sun a lot or was it just a random thing?

What k-pop are you listening to? Post it up! I just made a k-pop thread last week and no one replied. http://forums.offtopic.com/showthread.php?t=5006060&highlight=kpop

Already replied re: sun.

I only know really commercial K Pop, only recently got introduced to it. I'm an ex raver of 10 years, happy hard / trance / etc and loving K Pop lately.

This is my shitty list so far: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLFDF904C8DA11CC26&feature=mh_lolz

I play it on loop/random. :)

I was burned believing the pen is mightier death troll, I hope this is the same. If not, :hug: enjoy every minute!!!

Do you or have you watched the Showtime/HBO (not sure which) show of "The Big C" with Laura Lenny as a woman with melanoma?

Nope, sorry, never heard of it. I'm Aussie, we don't get HBO.

Log off OT and live life. Take lots of pictures for your future kid and for your wife to remember u.

I do (I take 50-100 photos a day, for my wife/family) Thanks :)

deegan

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
Yes.

This is probably the main thing I want to leave for everyone:

I got melanoma, skin cancer, from TOO LITTLE SUN, not too much. I had a mole on my upper left thigh, and a MASSIVE Vitamine D deficiency (it basically rounded down to zero when they tested me).

If you have ANY moles that change shape, change colour, or just don't look right, get them tested IMMEDIATELY. Also get a skin check once a year, it only takes 15 minutes and there are cancer clinics that'll do it free (in Australia anyway).

I was VERY lucky (in a way), wife is nurse, noticed it changed. If i'd waited a few more weeks, it would've passed my sentinal (?) nodes and i'd already be dead. They caught early BUT a year later it popped up elsewhere. It gave me an extra few years by noticing earlier.
you're a fellow aussie :hs:

I have a few I really need to get checked out, never ever thought I could get it from too little sun :eek3:

renaissance

May 28, 2004
NYC
Two questions right now.

One, what about the administrative things in your life. Do your credit card or mortgage servicers know and do they change their policy? Ie could you go ape shit with your credit and leave them high and dry?

Second, have you and yo ur wife discussed what's next with her in terms of whether she'll remarry? Sorry if that last one is inappropriate.

Good luck broski

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
Wait, you're crippled from surgeries? Where were the surgeries? I assume it's more than just having some moles cut out.

They cut huge chunks out of my upper left thigh where the first tumors were, then cut all my lymph nodes out of left leg/groin/stomach area, which destroyed all the tendons/muscles in upper left leg and lower left stomach, hip, etc.

It has left me with crippling lymphadema in left leg + various other things that i'm too fucked atm to type up ;) (too many long words). Basically I can only walk about 15 minutes at a time before my leg gives out.

Xicculus

OT Supporter
Apr 1, 2002
OTs Favorite Russian
Thanks. Did it years ago, but yeh, been a long time.

Trying. :)

why would you want kids? From a dude whose parent died of cancer, take it from me - do your potential offspring a favor and don't procreate. If you want to have fun with kids and help the world, just adopt.

One love, seriously. I don't mean for my message to sound harsh but I speak from the heart. And I'm drunk.

Shibster

don't take it personally, but...
Mar 30, 2001
With your attitude cancer should fear you. I hope you live another 50 years.

Zoso

Apr 19, 2006
San Diego
Two questions right now.

One, what about the administrative things in your life. Do your credit card or mortgage servicers know and do they change their policy? Ie could you go ape shit with your credit and leave them high and dry?

Second, have you and yo ur wife discussed what's next with her in terms of whether she'll remarry? Sorry if that last one is inappropriate.

Good luck broski

as i understand it, your debts will be taken out of your estate and/or your family will be responsible. not sure if aus is different

Sheep

#FREENEWBEE
OT Supporter
Feb 23, 2005
Golden, CO
if you were to do it over again would you go through with the invasive surgeries to improve your chances :dunno:

deegan

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
why would you want kids? From a dude whose parent died of cancer, take it from me - do your potential offspring a favor and don't procreate. If you want to have fun with kids and help the world, just adopt.

One love, seriously. I don't mean for my message to sound harsh but I speak from the heart. And I'm drunk.
a mate of mine lost both his parents from cancer in the space of 3 years, he cant wait to have kids, you know the risks and can get preventative check ups

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006
They cut huge chunks out of my upper left thigh where the first tumors were, then cut all my lymph nodes out of left leg/groin/stomach area, which destroyed all the tendons/muscles in upper left leg and lower left stomach, hip, etc.

It has left me with crippling lymphadema in left leg + various other things that i'm too fucked atm to type up ;) (too many long words). Basically I can only walk about 15 minutes at a time before my leg gives out.

Damn :hs: Were the tumors deep in your leg muscles and that's why they had to go so deep?

deegan

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
as i understand it, your debts will be taken out of your estate and/or your family will be responsible. not sure if aus is different
assets are sold off to cover the debt, left over debt is passed onto whoever is named in your will.

so name your credit card company :mamoru:

Falconer

Jun 23, 2006

Damn :hs: Were the tumors deep in your leg muscles and that's why they had to go so deep?

edit - holy cow I just Googled lymphadema. The pics on wikipedia are horrible. Is that what your leg is like?

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
Sorry to hear it bro.
I hope you enjoy the rest of your life and live everyday to the fullest.

Thanks mate. Always been a fan of you on here :)

do you have pics of said cancerous mole?

did you get sunburned a lot?

No sunburn, Vit D deficiency.

The mole: https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-...zI/AAAAAAAAJkA/HkfbniJ4lkw/s1024/IMG_0970.JPG

The wide excision: https://lh6.googleusercontent.com/-...2I/AAAAAAAAJlM/nOAhyIMSDzw/s1024/IMAG0265.jpg

3 more surgeries after that one (groin, not posting pics :p and 3 around stomach, but pics show groin).

:wavey:

Whoa, one of the ones I had cut off was on my upper thigh, a place which never gets any sun.

My vitamin D levels were also low and the dr put me on 50,000 IU twice a week for a few months to correct it.

Keep it up mate. And please get regular checks. It's all I ask of people before I go, to stop it happening to hters :hsd:

Man. 1st Time I''ve met someone with melanoma. I know my body but I will make sure to check from here on out.

Get a full professional check once a year. I had a guy in my hospital ward who had a mole above his butt crack, never saw it, never knew it was there, cancer moved into lymph nodes (like mine did) and he died 4 weeks later. I liked him :wtc:

Hope you enjoy your time left on this planet! Live it up, homefry.

Thanks bro :)

you're a fellow aussie :hs:

I have a few I really need to get checked out, never ever thought I could get it from too little sun :eek3:

Aussie ftw. Which city?

In AU it's free checks, covered under medicare/etc.

If you're in NSW, PM/reply and i'll tell you where to go.

Two questions right now.

Good luck broski

No mortgage (family giving us a house soon). Credit card don't care, I pay my shit off pretty quick. They actually just doubled my limit which gave us a few laughs ;)

Yes you can go apeshit on it but they chase down your wife for it etc.

She won't remarry. I know people go on about it and how all women are whores but I can honestly say we're made for each other. Our plan is to try have kids before I "leave", and her + her family (we're VERY close to our big family) are going to bring kid up and help look after them.

kitty

Uppity ass cat-changing name from kitty to Karen
OT Supporter
Jul 23, 2004
Purgatory

assets are sold off to cover the debt, left over debt is passed onto whoever is named in your will.

so name your credit card company :mamoru:
transfer all assets to spouse and make estate worthless, run up credit cards not attached to anyone else, let them try to collect. But that is kinda shitty.

deegan

OT Supporter
Jun 10, 2004
🇦🇺
Aussie ftw. Which city?

In AU it's free checks, covered under medicare/etc.

If you're in NSW, PM/reply and i'll tell you where to go.

Na Im in Perth, but definitely going to get a few checked out, being a welder with all the UV rays etc and my habit off not re-applying sunscreen, and being a smoker :hs:

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU

It's more for my wife. She wants "something to remember me by".

With your attitude cancer should fear you. I hope you live another 50 years.

Yup, this.

if you were to do it over again would you go through with the invasive surgeries to improve your chances :dunno:

I'd do it the same. I get any surgery they say I should get up to a point, but I want to live life to the last minute so i've denied a few and i'm not getting chemo (chemo doesn't really help in this case anyway, and it's a LOT of shit to go through for a TINY chance of it helping). I'll go out with a bang instead ;)

Pretty much. They just hack it all out til they're sure it's gone, and if you're left crippled, it's better than being left dead ;)

:(

Good luck.

edit - holy cow I just Googled lymphadema. The pics on wikipedia are horrible. Is that what your leg is like?

Nope, mine isn't that bad. It's just swelling (BIG swelling), not the fucked up skin stuff some people get. Just imagine that one leg, from hip to toes, is from a heaps fat guy, and the other is from a heaps skinny guy :hs: (I'm overall not fat or skinny).

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec