I've got terminal cancer, and going through my bucket list. Just took ecstasy...

CyberEye

Oh god, the voices
Jul 18, 2001
London, Ontario Canada
Sold it. That was my baby :( That and my original jap-import '99 copper/silver busa. Giving them up was dead set how I imagine giving up a kid would be. I was teary. I still get upset thinking about it :wtc:

Replacing them with a new Lexus early next year though, it'll do. (nothing exciting, CT200h for road trips).

What did it start out life as?

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
Saturday mang, not waiting 6 hours in the ER for that. I'll make an appointment with my doc on Monday. Or I could just lop it off myself, put it in a ziplock bag and leave it in the mailbox of the medical lab in town with a note asking them to test it and my phone number :rofl:

Do THAT instead. Sounds hilarious :rofl:

Post a pic if you want my wife to do a preliminary look (not a doc, but a nurse with lots of cancer experience). She's pretty mashed too though, curled up in a ball on my best mates lap :rofl: (asianwife ftw?)

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
What did it start out life as?

GSX-R1100 :)

Basically something like this:

1996_GSX-R1100_andre2_640.jpg

Fucking loved my bikes, getting upset just thinking about them being gone:

P9070525.JPG

Saying goodbye (hiding my fucked up leg behind the bike for one last "i'm still normal" photo)... (sooooo gunna regret my pic making it onto OT but fuck it, you guys have been awesome)

IMG_0029.JPG

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
been trying to get a picture of it, pain in the ass to get a good one.

Well if you manage to, PM me. I'll show my wife as soon as I can.

That WON'T replace a pro looking at it, of course, but if it's glaringly obvious she might be able to say whether it's worth making it more urgent to get it checked/biopsied. :hs:

CyberEye

Oh god, the voices
Jul 18, 2001
London, Ontario Canada
GSX-R1100 :)

Saying goodbye (hiding my fucked up leg behind the bike for one last "i'm still normal" photo)... (sooooo gunna regret my pic making it onto OT but fuck it, you guys have been awesome)

IMG_0029.JPG

I doubt you have anything to worry about posting your pic.

Never been a fan of the Busa esthetics but rode one once :eek3:

The 1100 was a gorgeous bike man :bigthumb: Love naked/street fighter type bikes

kris

Feb 13, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
How are you keeping a positive outlook on things? I mean, how do you not break down constantly thinking about dying? :hs:

So sorry for you. Feel sad just thinking about it. :hs:

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
How'd you get your wife to go along with you + her + her friend?

Also, sorry to hear about it.

I didn't bonk the friend, I aint like that. Just got to watch a bit and touch me some titty.

good luck brew :hug:

How will your health be in the years to come? Will it be declining to the point where you can't move? :hs:

Who knows. Depends where it pops up next. It could be more cut-out spots like limbs, where they'll keep hacking/chopping as tumors pop up, or could be in an organ :hsd:

kris

Feb 13, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
I didn't bonk the friend, I aint like that. Just got to watch a bit and touch me some titty.

Who knows. Depends where it pops up next. It could be more cut-out spots like limbs, where they'll keep hacking/chopping as tumors pop up, or could be in an organ :hsd:

All right. You seem to be in good spirit. :coold:

How about your wife, how's she dealing with it?

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
I doubt you have anything to worry about posting your pic.

Never been a fan of the Busa esthetics but rode one once :eek3:

The 1100 was a gorgeous bike man :bigthumb: Love naked/street fighter type bikes

This IS ot. People save the pics and put them on wikis and shit rofl. Hey, at least i'll be famous.

I've had a fetish for busas since the year they came out. I didn't actually ride back then, I got my license around 2005 PURELY so I could work my way up to a busa (did it sensibly, over 4 years). When I got it, it was a spiritual moment.

Deep down though, i'm a fighter brat. LOVE me a good streetfighter. Preferably zooki or hawndahs. I'm not good with mechanical shit though so I generally buy them built off guys in my club when they're bored and moving on to a new project. I've owned some awesome (and well known bikes around here) by doing that, without losing all the cash of building them (though i FULLY get the pride-of-building thing, and would've loved to build my own one day).

CyberEye

Oh god, the voices
Jul 18, 2001
London, Ontario Canada
This IS ot. People save the pics and put them on wikis and shit rofl. Hey, at least i'll be famous.

I've had a fetish for busas since the year they came out. I didn't actually ride back then, I got my license around 2005 PURELY so I could work my way up to a busa (did it sensibly, over 4 years). When I got it, it was a spiritual moment.

Deep down though, i'm a fighter brat. LOVE me a good streetfighter. Preferably zooki or hawndahs. I'm not good with mechanical shit though so I generally buy them built off guys in my club when they're bored and moving on to a new project. I've owned some awesome (and well known bikes around here) by doing that, without losing all the cash of building them (though i FULLY get the pride-of-building thing, and would've loved to build my own one day).

:cool:

I need to get another bike soon. Miss riding

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
Probably already been asked, but do you have any kids? And if so, how do you deal with them growing up without a father?

No kids yet (trying). Got a very big and very supportive family (married a filo, family = important), so they're going to look after my wife + kid if we're lucky enough to have one.

Cool, fearing death is stupid.

This. Fucking THIS. Why waste your time being emo, live every minute as though it's your last (cos for me it actually could be, lol).

All right. You seem to be in good spirit. :coold:

How about your wife, how's she dealing with it?

She's doing fucking amazingly. I have no words for how powerful, amazing, and... amazing, that she is. :p I love that woman more than I love life itself, so every minute I have left is going to be spent with her, doing stuff to make sure she's set up for later, and telling her how much I love her.

Being married gets a lot of hate on OT, but she changed my life. When we met, we were both basically homeless, now we earn lots (not OT lots, but just on 6fig each), and I owe my entire life to her. She's "the one", definitely.

</lovemywiferant>

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
:cool:

I need to get another bike soon. Miss riding

Yeah, me too. Tempted to get a cruiser cos it won't crush my groin/hip as much with legs out in front, but never been a cruiser-person. Always had fighters, cafe racers, and sport bikes :( Now I drive a blood Prius :rofl: (I do LOTS of driving & road trips, it's about the fuel savings not the environment stuff)

If we had those T-Rex things over here, i'd get one of them for sure :bowdown: Someone was importing them, but they wanted STUPID money for them. Like... you-could-buy-a-GOOD-BMW type money.

kris

Feb 13, 2003
Copenhagen, Denmark
No kids yet (trying). Got a very big and very supportive family (married a filo, family = important), so they're going to look after my wife + kid if we're lucky enough to have one.

This. Fucking THIS. Why waste your time being emo, live every minute as though it's your last (cos for me it actually could be, lol).

She's doing fucking amazingly. I have no words for how powerful, amazing, and... amazing, that she is. :p I love that woman more than I love life itself, so every minute I have left is going to be spent with her, doing stuff to make sure she's set up for later, and telling her how much I love her.

Being married gets a lot of hate on OT, but she changed my life. When we met, we were both basically homeless, now we earn lots (not OT lots, but just on 6fig each), and I owe my entire life to her. She's "the one", definitely.

</lovemywiferant>
I hear you. Have a wonderful girlfriend, and we're talking about this right now - what'd we do if I were in same position. It's an unreal thought.

But I'm glad you have that outlook on life.

What other big things are on your lists - where do you want to travel and what do you want to see?

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
I'm still gunna be around a while (after a break), but just wanted to say:

Thank you EVERYONE for partaking in my thread, this has been the single greatest OT-night of my short(ish) career on this site. I'm mostly a reader, not much of a poster, but i'm on this site for 12-14 hours a day, and OT single handedly got me through 6 months in hospital and treatment by giving me an escape every day. If fazle wasn't already rich from this site, i'd seriously donate a proper chunk of change just for what this site has done for me.

I'd also like to take this moment to point out that OT still has awesomeness, like this thread. We get lots up in all the trolling, hate, and bullshit... but this thread shows we still got it when we need it ;) Love you guys.

XOXO Gossip Girl.

BRB, need a drink (gatorade, not booze)

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
Well? Logo? Username or name?

Just an avatar would be fucking amazing, saying SEN? That's my real life nickname all my friends/family call me. I'll wear it with pride everywhere on the net :bowdown:

I can PayPal you a few bucks if you want me too, as well. I've always wanted a custom av :)

TS
TS
Insert Tokens

Insert Tokens

Fuck Cancer
OT Supporter
Jan 12, 2006
AU
I hear you. Have a wonderful girlfriend, and we're talking about this right now - what'd we do if I were in same position. It's an unreal thought.

But I'm glad you have that outlook on life.

What other big things are on your lists - where do you want to travel and what do you want to see?

Cruise ships. LOVE them. I work(ed) in shipping, and am obsessed with nautical stuff (sailor jerry sleeve tats, etc). Going on as many as I can.

Also going to Japan with my best mate (basically my brother-from-another-mother) in Oct, to eat sushi off naked chicks and get drunk on sake in dodgy back alley bars with old Jap men, and try be his wingman to pick him up a jap hottie (yellow fever crew, sign in!).

Going to Amsterdam for 2 months early next year (I lived there for 3 years when I was a teenager).

Want to go to German & Switzerland later next year (i'm half German, and lived in Switzerland for 3 years after Amsterdam).

I want to go to Reykjavik one day too but the above is already more flights than i'm supposed to take (they said it can fuck up my leg even more). I'm a massive EVE fanboy/player so would love to say hi to CCP I return the stardust that I consist of back to the earth.

Apart from that, road trips galore around this epic country I live in (Australia).

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec