I've lived an interesting life. AMaA.

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
I've been kidnapped, blown up and shot at. I've raised 3 sons, watched one die and turned one out on the streets. I've served in two branches of the military, washed dishes and dug ditches for food, and worked in IT for 20 years. I've been unemployable and I've earned over $100k $200k. I never expected to live this long, and I'll be surprised if I make it to 75. Ask me almost anything.

Last edited:

MM

OT Supporter
Apr 24, 2007
Dirty Jersey
How long were you kidnapped for?

What branches did you serve in?

Favorite Gun?

Longest night you ever had?

TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
How long were you kidnapped for?
Several hours. If it had gone much longer, I would probably have been raped, possibly sold to the cossa nostra, and definitely lived as an Italian.

What branches did you serve in?
USAF (tactical/real-time sensor systems technician), and Army (Combat Engineer)

Favorite Gun?
The one I have on me. (currently don't have one on me, though...)

Longest night you ever had?
The night my youngest son died. Followed closely by the night after I told my oldest son he had to leave (at 16).

Capt. Hammer

Purveyor of Bespoke Photoshop ROFLs and LOLs
OT Supporter
Jun 14, 2003
The Lone Star State
Given the things you've experienced, you sound like a pretty hardened individual. Would you ever consider using a bidet?

Also, thank you for your service, and very sorry to hear about your son(s).

Reactions: Cicada
TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
what were the circumstances of your kidnapping?
I was 6 years old. Dad was in the Navy and we were living in Naples, Italy. I was playing at the neighborhood playground and a stranger walked up and told me that my mom had given him permission to take me to the soccer game at the stadium. We walked for a while, and he eventually took me to a stadium and we sat down to watch the game. After the game, we stopped for a snack and while he was buying stuff I decided that this guy wasn't really safe to be around and I ran. Got home a couple hours later, and never mentioned it to anyone until a few years ago. When I eventually told mom, she almost fainted. :rofl:

giantstonemonolith

OT Supporter
Apr 11, 2007
hell, pa
Several hours. If it had gone much longer, I would probably have been raped, possibly sold to the cossa nostra, and definitely lived as an Italian.

USAF (tactical/real-time sensor technician), and Army (Combat Engineer)

The one I have on me. (currently don't have one on me, though...)

The night my youngest son died. Followed closely by the night after I told my oldest son he had to leave (at 16).
what did your oldest son do?

NiggaPHX420

OT Supporter
Jan 17, 2002
Phoenix, AZ
I was 6 years old. Dad was in the Navy and we were living in Naples, Italy. I was playing at the neighborhood playground and a stranger walked up and told me that my mom had given him permission to take me to the soccer game at the stadium. We walked for a while, and he eventually took me to a stadium and we sat down to watch the game. After the game, we stopped for a snack and while he was buying stuff I decided that this guy wasn't really safe to be around and I ran. Got home a couple hours later, and never mentioned it to anyone until a few years ago. When I eventually told mom, she almost fainted. :rofl:
:wtf: doesnt even count, he took you out for a good time

TS
TS
Ranger-AO

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
if you could flip a switch and wipe afghanistan off the face of the planet, would you? seems like an irredeemable shithole tbh.
I'd rather flip a switch that would turn back the clock to some time before Russia invaded. Their cities were almost modern, and they have never recovered since. If they could get past the whole killing everyone thing, they could turn that country into a fucking outdoors enthusiast paradise.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec