Jason = "MIAMI IS NOT A CITY"

mikdavi84

Nov 13, 2003
Kandahar, Afghanistan
But you still can't give upper or lower bounds to "large" or the context in which it applies.

So, again, we're back to anywhere calling themselves a city for any reason, which makes that angle of argument meaningless.

Ok, riddle me this: Houston has a larger area and a bigger population than Boston. Ergo Boston is not a city. But since you've already established that Boston is indeed a city, those stipulations also apply to Houston.

Looks like Houston is a city, bro. Unless you got something else up your sleeve.

peakhead

@Chuckfinley, give me my likes back pls
Mar 3, 2005
grammar police
Ok, riddle me this: Houston has a larger area and a bigger population than Boston. Ergo Boston is not a city. But since you've already established that Boston is indeed a city, those stipulations also apply to Houston.

Looks like Houston is a city, bro. Unless you got something else up your sleeve.
i'm sure more arbitrary arguing is to follow

Jason

Aug 25, 2002
Boston

In a totally unsurprising turn of events, it looks like you still haven't read any of that 50 page thread.

I've got a case study to go read. I suggest you do similarly.

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
And trying to claim that minor variations in wording from multiple dictionaries are significant differences, and I'M the one flailing?

Admit you're wrong, dude. It'll be fun, and its good for you. We'll get through this together.
It's a lot easier to walk away and ignore it.

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
I know. I've got my own brand of Aspergy stubbornness, just like he does :rofl:
I've gradually worked it out of my system. I argued a ton on AOL and early OT. Now I don't bother. Browsing a lot of Reddit helps, because all of the back-and-forth posts get hidden away most of the time.

mikdavi84

Nov 13, 2003
Kandahar, Afghanistan
I've gradually worked it out of my system. I argued a ton on AOL and early OT. Now I don't bother. Browsing a lot of Reddit helps, because all of the back-and-forth posts get hidden away most of the time.

Yeah I've mostly moved over to Reddit myself, but its kind getting to be a hugbox. Can't really have good discussions since if someone doesn't like your opinion they just downvote you.

TheProwler

OT Supporter
Aug 18, 2002
Yeah I've mostly moved over to Reddit myself, but its kind getting to be a hugbox. Can't really have good discussions since if someone doesn't like your opinion they just downvote you.
Yeah, it's not good for back-and-forth conversations or community, but the crowd-curated content is a big perk for me.

Here on OT, we know people. I haven't been around in years, but Ruiner posts that oceanxblake dies, and I know who those guys are, a lot of what they've been through, and it means something to me. I can tell him that I'm sorry for his loss, and he knows we all mean it. But then you have one asshole who makes a stupid comment, and you have to scroll past everyone yelling at him, instead of just a downvote system to bury that kind of comment.

Jason

Aug 25, 2002
Boston
Your opinion is all over that thread. Nothing else. You have nothing backing your shit up but your own stubbornness.

I see you still haven't read any of that thread. There's plenty of data and sources somewhere in the middle of it.

CygnusX1

I doubt it
Jun 11, 2001
FL
4YT8YK1.gif

:rofl::rofl:

room temperature IQ crew, signing in.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec