Jason = "MIAMI IS NOT A CITY"

Scootin

OT Supporter
Sep 4, 2004
nvrmnd.gif

Virt

Oct 5, 2005
There are 50 pages of me doing that, with Texans coming up with nothing more than the weak nonsense you came up with.

Feel free to read them while you brush up on how well defined the word "city" is.

So out of one side of your mouth you're saying the word "city" and what constitutes a city is not clearly defined, and out the other side of your mouth you can clearly define that Houston is NOT a city.

:bowrofl:

limsoup

OT Supporter
Mar 11, 2007
There's no single precise definition but I think that for a lot of contexts you could statistically separate cities from non-cities, including in the context of casual conversation.

Osiris^

Creepy as fuck son
Oct 9, 2007
Earth
In Europe, or at least the UK, there are concrete definitions.

A hamlet becomes a village if it has a parish. A village becomes a town if it has a market. A town becomes a city if it has a cathedral. Etc. I'm sure someone can Google the rest.

Because of this, there's a place in Wales that is literally just a street, but is considered a city as per their specific definitions.

Diesel66

OT Supporter
Feb 20, 2005
Kc
There's no single precise definition but I think that for a lot of contexts you could statistically separate cities from non-cities, including in the context of casual conversation.

Idk, I'm from CA and there are no definitions beyond self governed. City is just the govt level below county and run by a mayor. It can have s population on f 100 or millions

GlassUser

Flavors Matter
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2003
Pearland, Texas

A hamlet becomes a village if it has a parish. A village becomes a town if it has a market. A town becomes a city if it has a cathedral. Etc. I'm sure someone can Google the rest.

Because of this, there's a place in Wales that is literally just a street, but is considered a city as per their specific definitions.

That has to do with England having an official state religion. Only one state in the US has parishes.

ballistic

I dunno, play chess...screw?
Jan 3, 2001
ATX
:roflw: 6+ months later and still no one but art_vw_shark can mount any sort of counter argument

This is the best post of this thread.

In which Jason inadvertently admits that his arguments are so insanely autistic that only art_VW_shark even comes close to being able to Rain Man his way toward Jason's central point, and even then he falls short of the level of crippling autism necessary to succeed. :rofl:

jrmcm

Cocaine and cocaine accessories
Oct 9, 2001
Plano, TX
This is the best post of this thread.

In which Jason inadvertently admits that his arguments are so insanely autistic that only art_VW_shark even comes close to being able to Rain Man his way toward Jason's central point, and even then he falls short of the level of crippling autism necessary to succeed. :rofl:

lol

.chris

Leave her, Johnny, leave her
OT Supporter
Mar 2, 2006
SoFla
Can we archive this already? The greatest minds in Hollywood couldn't write this script.

limsoup

OT Supporter
Mar 11, 2007
Idk, I'm from CA and there are no definitions beyond self governed. City is just the govt level below county and run by a mayor. It can have s population on f 100 or millions
right so i mean not in that context

but then say someone is planning for policy or economic growth, that's a different context from conversation or the one you're talking about. i figure it *could* could be separated there too

limsoup

OT Supporter
Mar 11, 2007

TIL england is a sid meier game

GlassUser

Flavors Matter
OT Supporter
Oct 26, 2003
Pearland, Texas
right so i mean not in that context

but then say someone is planning for policy or economic growth, that's a different context from conversation or the one you're talking about. i figure it *could* could be separated there too
There's a nationwide standard used by the department of education or something like that. I posted in there, but I don't care enough to find it.

CygnusX1

I doubt it
Jun 11, 2001
FL
What if Fazal is like the guy in Ex Machina and OT is really just a proving ground for his ArgueBot AI software in the form of Jason?

Jason

Aug 25, 2002
Boston

We have a place like this in the US.

It's called Houston. It's a really long street with few residents in proximity to one another.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec