CAR Jeep was egged, how do I correct the circular scratches?

ThenCosmeSaid

THE HR GUY
OT Supporter
Apr 10, 2009
Whitestone, NY :hs:
I tried scratch-x but it didnt work and I'm not sure if I'm applying it right. I dont really have the money to get my Jeep detailed either, so is there anything I can do to remove the circular scratches or at least make them blend better?

Thanks Scott/detailing crew. :wavey:

Envious Eric

Jun 30, 2011
nope, what actually happened was the egg shell splintered and sliced through the paint like a bunch of tiny razor blades. You are going to have to repaint it, or touch it up, but touch up wont look good.!.! scratchX by hand wont even begin to touch the damage. You would be LUCKY if you can get it sanded and corrected! I was able to do it ONE time out of 10 cars that I have dealt with that were egged, but even then it was only about 80% better and still noticeable.

HorizonDetailin

Jun 30, 2011
Pick up some touch-up paint, it's cheap and pretty easy to apply. It will still be noticeable but only if you're very close and looking for it. Just wipe down the area with 70/30 Isopropyl Alcohol and apply the touch-up.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448