FIT jonno's log

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonno

Jun 3, 2003
Boston
figure i should start a log. currently dieting... around 195lbs right now.

yesterday:

Arms:

CG Bench Press:
95x15
135x12
165x7
175x5
185x3
185x3 ----> drop set
135x7
95x7

OH Tri Extensions:
70x20
80x15
80x15

Pushdowns:
90x20

Tate Press:
25x13

Rope Hammer Curls:
70x20
80x15
80x15

DB Preacher Curls:
20x20
25x15
25x15

BB Curl:
55x15 ---> dropset
45x12

Last edited:

jmezz

layin in bed stretchin my pumped quads for hours
Nov 26, 2004
penis_raptor.gif

jmezz

Nov 26, 2004
The penisraptor is our forum mascot. :bowdown:

TS
TS
jonno

jonno

Jun 3, 2003
Boston
Legs:

Oly Squats:
135x10
185x5
185x5
185x4

Front Squats:
135x8
135x7
135x6

BB Lunges superset with back squats:
95x6?? ---> squat to death
95x6 ----> squat to death

SLDL:
155x15
155x12

15 minutes arc trainer

squat blows. havnt back squatted in probably over a year. have just done front squats. probably a mistake although i feel like my legs are fine in size.. they're weak. my PR on front squats is 195x2 a2g and i just had trouble with 185x5 a2g on back squats.. fail

mandrew

Aug 25, 2008
S.F.
I did front squats exclusively for about 8 months and I think it was pretty dumb. My 3RM went up from like 155 to 205 though so I made some progress for sure.

variety is definitely good though I'm switching up my main lower body exercise every 2-3 weeks right now and i'm gonna see if my DL and squat go up from the variety.

jmezz

Nov 26, 2004
You guys, do 1 leg squat variations and your glutes will want to kill you, I'm telling you. :bowdown:

jmezz

Nov 26, 2004
I've done 1 leg split squats on the smith and with a bb, and I feel like I got a better workout from the smith machine only because my balance is fucked when doing bb.

Ultimately I need to do more bb work because of what's said about squatting with the smith.

But to answer your question, I go until my knee is just about to hit the floor and at this point the top of my leg is parallel with the floor.

RG

May 4, 2003
Connecticut
I've done 1 leg split squats on the smith and with a bb, and I feel like I got a better workout from the smith machine only because my balance is fucked when doing bb.

Ultimately I need to do more bb work because of what's said about squatting with the smith.

But to answer your question, I go until my knee is just about to hit the floor and at this point the top of my leg is parallel with the floor.

lets do walking lunges together around the whole gym at the same time :bowdown:

mandrew

Aug 25, 2008
S.F.

oh you're talking about split squats. those technically aren't single-leg exercises cause you use the rear leg to stabilize. I agree though, they're totally baller. I don't feel them much in my glutes personally, more in my quads, but that's because my quads are my weak link.

My current routine basically has this for the max effort leg day:

squat or deadlift variation - work up to 3-5RM
split squat or lunge variation - 3-4 sets of 8-12
posterior chain exercise (i like RDLs) - 3-4 sets of 8-12
high rep ab circuit (3-4 exercises no rest between, 2-3 sets)

then the "dynamic" leg day looks like this:

jumping exercise (plyometrics)
3 sets split squat or lunge with front foot elevated (more ROM) - 3 sets 8-12
posterior chain exercise - 3 sets 8-12
weighted ab exercise - 3 sets 10-15

I think any growth I get from my legs will be from the split-leg training since the squats and deads are so heavy. I think if you can't do split squats with a BB you should try DB's... that's how I do it just because it's nice to feel a burn in my traps. I have trouble stabilizing on my right leg in particular, but I've gotten used to it now. Always start with your weaker and less coordinated leg.

sorry jonno your log officially got skeletor'd/jmezz'd

Last edited:

jmezz

Nov 26, 2004
we can lunge straight out the door to our cars and steal the dumbbells :bowdown:

:bowrofl:

That's straight, I want a pair of dumbbells to keep in my car before I go to parties anyway. :bowdown:

jmezz

Nov 26, 2004
oh you're talking about split squats. those technically aren't single-leg exercises cause you use the rear leg to stabilize. I agree though, they're totally baller. I don't feel them much in my glutes personally, more in my quads, but that's because my quads are my weak link.

My current routine basically has this for the max effort leg day:

squat or deadlift variation - work up to 3-5RM
split squat or lunge variation - 3-4 sets of 8-12
posterior chain exercise (i like RDLs) - 3-4 sets of 8-12
high rep ab circuit (3-4 exercises no rest between, 2-3 sets)

then the "dynamic" leg day looks like this:

jumping exercise (plyometrics)
3 sets split squat or lunge with front foot elevated (more ROM) - 3 sets 8-12
posterior chain exercise - 3 sets 8-12
weighted ab exercise - 3 sets 10-15

I think any growth I get from my legs will be from the split-leg training since the squats and deads are so heavy. I think if you can't do split squats with a BB you should try DB's... that's how I do it just because it's nice to feel a burn in my traps. I have trouble stabilizing on my right leg in particular, but I've gotten used to it now. Always start with your weaker and less coordinated leg.

sorry jonno your log officially got skeletor'd/jmezz'd

You do bb split squats? Have you tried the 1 leg variation?

mandrew

Aug 25, 2008
S.F.
lol i edited out to avoid cluttering jonno's log. too late!

yeah I do BB split squats some of the time. I prefer DB's though, it feels little more comfortable even though in actuality I think it makes it even harder to balance. It was hard at first now i don't struggle too much with it.

jmezz

Nov 26, 2004
lol i edited out to avoid cluttering jonno's log. too late!

yeah I do BB split squats some of the time. I prefer DB's though, it feels little more comfortable even though in actuality I think it makes it even harder to balance. It was hard at first now i don't struggle too much with it.

Who cares if it gets cluttered, that's what this log section is all about.

Plus, even if jonno tries to lite is up we always have the browning method to fall back on and he'll lose everytime. :bowrofl:

:love: jonno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btcdiana