ART Jumping from Photoshop 7.0 to CS4 - Will I be lost?

Wobistdu

I always used PS7 for all my basic image manipulation, nothing too advanced. Will I regret going to CS4 or will I get a lot out of it?

PS7 runs extremely fast (obviously) and does everything I need for brushing up pics and adding effects.

Can the 2 both be installed at the same time? I wonder if I can run either of them. I'd really like to keep PS7 if I can.

1992 240SX

Jan 10, 2004
Long Beach, CA
Yeah, I had CS2 and CS3 at the same time for a while. It'll be different but you'll learn to like it better eventually, as that seems to happen with any new program. I still have CS3, I'll upgrade to CS4 eventually.

TS
TS

Wobistdu

oh cool

so multiple installs can be installed at the same time? i doubt i'll have them open at the same time, but switching back and forth would be nice

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
I had CS2 for the longest time and jumped to CS3. I barely use it since I got it as a bundle with Lightroom, but I like the newer features they have over CS2 that make basic stuff easier.

3x

Jan 3, 2005
hella bro*cal
i made the jump from 7.0 to cs2, and the transition to cs3 was smooth. i haven't jumped to cs4 yet, though.

hurleyint1386

Someone has sand in their vagina
Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
The jump from 7 to CS is definitely different. But from CS3->CS4, there's not a huge difference. I like CS4 a lot. I've been using it for a while now and I like it a lot. I need to try learning InDesign and Illustrator

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
I'm still stuck on Aperture. I'm so used to it, if I switch everything over, it will be like hell. So if you've got a Mac, check out Aperture.
I messed with it at the apple store, I liked it, but I already have LR and CS3. Maybe if I didn't, it would be a great alternative!

hurleyint1386

Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
I messed with it at the apple store, I liked it, but I already have LR and CS3. Maybe if I didn't, it would be a great alternative!

Yeah, I think that once you start with one, it's best to stick with it. I really like the Vault for backup, and the lift and stamp tools are great for batch changing. But to each his/her own.

hurleyint1386

Jan 6, 2005
Rochester, NY
I should say I would like 4 but I had horrendous brush lag and it appears to be a common problem

Thanks for the edit. I was going to ask why you didn't like CS4. I haven't experienced any issues with it so far, so I guess I'm lucky. Is it a software issue or a hardware constraint?

Meat Popsicle

You're stewed, butt wad!
OT Supporter
Apr 26, 2002
The Middle
Thanks for the edit. I was going to ask why you didn't like CS4. I haven't experienced any issues with it so far, so I guess I'm lucky. Is it a software issue or a hardware constraint?

I believe it's somewhere in the coding. People with completely different rigs all having the same problem

It was equally lagged with both my tablet and mouse. Probably half a second behind my actual movement

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan