ART Just bought new camera for my sister :noes:

Coco Monkey

Aug 25, 2002
Chicagoland
She graduated college majoring in photography back in June. Currently works for two local newspapers. Anyways for Christmas i thought I would buy her this camera that she's been wanting to upgrade to for a while. Besides a great christmas gift, she is going to be my photographer for my wedding next year. She was going to do it for free, so really me paying $1600 for a camera/photographer is a great deal in my mind.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/583493-REG/Canon_2807B017_EOS_50D_SLR_Digital.html

Currently she has the Canon 20D, which from my very basic understanding of the photography world, no longer is manufactured. She was also looking for a 18-200mm lens, which this one comes with.

Anyone have any experience with this model? The customer reviews gave it high praise.

oh, link to sister's website for anyone interested :hs: :o

http://sarahriversphotography.com/

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
That's an awesome gift. I wish I had siblings that bought me things like that. :cool:

TS
TS
Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey

Aug 25, 2002
Chicagoland
awesome, but isn't she going to want to be in some of your wedding pictures?

there's no way I'd shoot my sister's wedding.

I'm sure she will be. Her boyfriend (who graduates in video production this summer) will be video taping the whole thing as well. I'm sure he can take a few photos of her with us no problem.

It's a great tag-team duo we have at a super low low price. :)

tetsuo

And shepherds we shall be...
May 6, 2004
damn, i wish i could afford to give my siblings gifts like that :o not that i would, but it would be nice to be able to afford it :mamoru:

TS
TS
Coco Monkey

Coco Monkey

Aug 25, 2002
Chicagoland
Man you are making a mistake having your sister do your wedding. Thats like the biggest no no in the book.

It wasn't my idea, believe me. she volunteered to do it, and when i said i still didnt want to use her as my photographer, she got all pussy hurt about it.

so hey, what am i supposed to do?

Girth

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
OT Supporter
Jun 28, 2002
Houston
Man you are making a mistake having your sister do your wedding. Thats like the biggest no no in the book.

I guess it depends on the budget and situation. I told my brother I wouldn't do his wedding, and he said he wouldn't want me to either... reason being, I don't want to work at my own brothers wedding. But I'm doing my cousin's wedding in a couple of months, and I would much rather be working than sitting there doing nothing. More exciting to me. :dunno:

asdfbunk

A Member
OT Supporter
Aug 12, 2005
It wasn't my idea, believe me. she volunteered to do it, and when i said i still didnt want to use her as my photographer, she got all pussy hurt about it.

so hey, what am i supposed to do?
tell her you'd rather her be a guest, not an employee

Keegan

Jun 9, 2008
DC
tell her you'd rather her be a guest, not an employee

Plus she'll enjoy the experience more if she's not worried about getting photos. It should be a time to enjoy being with her family and sharing in the experience.

Supadoggie

I ♥ my doggah
May 22, 2000
NYC
I went from 20D to the 40D and I love it.. the 50D would be excellent

and I agree.. do not have her as your photographer

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor