FIT just did a 7 site caliper measurement :wtc:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Memor

Jun 22, 2006
NYC
Those aren't really accurate at guessing bodyfat. They're useful to use as measures of progress regardless of what they say. Just take the same measurements once a month and see if the numbers change. Won't be what your actual bodyfat is though most likely.

JeremyD

Oct 3, 2004
7 site always puts me about 6-7% lower than I actually am.

So go ahead and add that in too:hs:

TS
TS
Ichinichi

Ichinichi

gots me dat midas touch
May 8, 2001
Those aren't really accurate at guessing bodyfat. They're useful to use as measures of progress regardless of what they say. Just take the same measurements once a month and see if the numbers change. Won't be what your actual bodyfat is though most likely.

sigh.thanks brah.

7 site always puts me about 6-7% lower than I actually am.

So go ahead and add that in too:hs:

this presumes you know what you "actually" are...since there is no way to know...you done got trolled by whoever took your "actual" measurements :hsugh:

fuckme, i'm just in denial.

JeremyD

Oct 3, 2004
this presumes you know what you "actually" are...since there is no way to know...you done got trolled by whoever took your "actual" measurements :hsugh:

lol

So hydrostatic and bod pod don't count anymores???? ZOMG SCIENCE

And yes, what I'm saying is in the past, 7 site tends to be that far off from my ACTUAL bodyfat. Just an observation. You may be different.

Not that actual bodyfat really fucking matters at the end of the day.

TS
TS
Ichinichi

Ichinichi

gots me dat midas touch
May 8, 2001
lol

So hydrostatic and bod pod don't count anymores???? ZOMG SCIENCE

And yes, what I'm saying is in the past, 7 site tends to be that far off from my ACTUAL bodyfat. Just an observation. You may be different.

Not that actual bodyfat really fucking matters at the end of the day.

i read that hydrostatic is the gold standard but estimated to be off. so what you mean is that 7 point is 6-7% off your hydrostat %?

JeremyD

Oct 3, 2004
i read that hydrostatic is the gold standard but estimated to be off. so what you mean is that 7 point is 6-7% off your hydrostat %?

I would consider the average of the bod pod and hydrostatic to be the most accurate. So yeah, that's what I've used. But neither are all that great when you begin talking about above average muscle mass.

JeremyD

Oct 3, 2004
how far off are the scales that use the electrical signals to measure it?

Bioimpedance? Useless. Shit will change drastically just by being dehydrated or overhydrated.

Calipers are a good tool. They are relatively cheap, and in the right hands can be used to track progress pretty well. That's what you should be concerned with anyway. Who really cares if you're 8.345% or 10.445% if you look awesome? Nobody.

TS
TS
Ichinichi

Ichinichi

gots me dat midas touch
May 8, 2001
Bioimpedance? Useless. Shit will change drastically just by being dehydrated or overhydrated.

Calipers are a good tool. They are relatively cheap, and in the right hands can be used to track progress pretty well. That's what you should be concerned with anyway. Who really cares if you're 8.345% or 10.445% if you look awesome? Nobody.

brb exchanging calipers for mirror

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor