GAME Just finished Nier

FINALBOSS

Sep 25, 2005
Paris
Overall...gotta give this game a 9/10.

One of the best stories in a video game in a LONG time. Great twists and turns, and has some beautiful prose.

Downsides are the graphics (which look fine, don't get me wrong--just look dated. No jaggies or anything, however) and some of the fetch-quests.

I also loved how some missions simply involve white text on a black screen--no visuals whatsoever. Quite awesome.

The story is wholly enthralling. Absolutely loved it.

Combat was standard ARPG faire with some magic elements.

The music....was beautiful. Gorgeous.

Nom

I'm the Golden God
OT Supporter
Sep 10, 2003
Looked up that shit when I saw you playing. Looks :hsugh:

blackrat

Mar 2, 2007
Bay Area, CA
I've read the music was of the best to come out last year. Destructoid also had an article about it that made the ending decision sound :noes:

TS
TS
FINALBOSS

FINALBOSS

Sep 25, 2005
Paris
I've read the music was of the best to come out last year. Destructoid also had an article about it that made the ending decision sound :noes:
Ending was very cool--there's 4 of them (on various subsequent playthroughs)

Music was beautiful.

Twinsen

Resident Negro
Mar 12, 2006
Memphis, TN
I skipped over this game because only 2 of my clients actually picked it up and both said they didn't like it. I would give it a go after I'm done with Dead Rising 2, but now I want to try Two Worlds 2...

CodeX

I would try this if I wasn't already in the middle of two awesome RPG's, Divinity 2 and Two Worlds 2... maybe after those.

Barkode

Dec 17, 2003
Pittsburgh
Action RPG with square as melee and magic mapped to triggers. No lock on

Its well worth the $10-15 you can find it for

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vitalesan