TECH just got new isp need help porting router

Biggavelli

Nov 9, 2005
CT
i just got a new isp and i have no idea how to port the router to download shit with torrents, is there anyway i can do it?

Create

:free at last:
Jan 4, 2006
Port forwarding instructs all internet traffic addressed to a specific port to be forwarded to a specific computer on the local network. If you are hooking your computer directly into your isp-provided modem you likely don't need to worry about it.

If you're running a local network using your own switch/router you need to start reading from a non-OT source. It's unlikely someone is going to explain all this from scratch.

Create

:free at last:
Jan 4, 2006
Leroy Brown said:
what are the pros and cons as far porting the router. faster connection for each wireless card ? faster torrent downloads because its dedicated or something :hsr: ? what about for rapidshare ?
Hello User. Meet Network. You two play nice.
Create said:
If you're running a local network using your own switch/router you need to start reading from a non-OT source. It's unlikely someone is going to explain all this from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theodor