GAME Just got PS3

Crave McSteak

is little big planet really good?

For some reason I have no interest in it, but I've only seen screenshots of it, never played

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
lbp is awesome, but theres still the "im too cool for a kids game" attitude here and there. those are the people who miss out on a really fun game.

AKing

It's like we've got each others backs
Mar 15, 2001
Rhode Island
is little big planet really good?

For some reason I have no interest in it, but I've only seen screenshots of it, never played

Overrated. And its not because i think its a kids game. You just do the same shit over and over again. Levels can be different but functionality remains the same. Jump, climb, die.

Get demon's souls, Red Dead, Valkyria chronicles if you like rpgs, god of war, and infamous. There are a lot of good games for the ps3 but you just have to find the ones that seem interesting to you and check out reviews and such.

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
Overrated. And its not because i think its a kids game. You just do the same shit over and over again. Levels can be different but functionality remains the same. Jump, climb, die.

Get demon's souls, Red Dead, Valkyria chronicles if you like rpgs, god of war, and infamous. There are a lot of good games for the ps3 but you just have to find the ones that seem interesting to you and check out reviews and such.

every game can be reduced to that kinda thinking, i mean cod is nothing but shoot reload die rinse repeat then :dunno: racing games are just gas brake and turn.

AKing

It's like we've got each others backs
Mar 15, 2001
Rhode Island
every game can be reduced to that kinda thinking, i mean cod is nothing but shoot reload die rinse repeat then :dunno: racing games are just gas brake and turn.

Can't really do that with racing because with every car comes a set of standards that you have to adjust to. That gas,steering,braking changes with every course your on. Little big planet never appealed to me because the game felt mundane as you continued to play level after level. Jump here...check point here....great you finish lets do it all over again on a new map with jump and check points. Had no story and had no alternations of playing.

This was something the game developers figured out and created a whole new set of tools for lbp2 so that people could create alternate forms of playing... Racing and shooters :hsugh: Plus puzzle games.

Lemmywinks

May 25, 2003
St. Charles, IL
so the game wasnt good to YOU. that doesnt mean its some boring mundane game :dunno:

to me its like the old school platformers which are still a ton of fun, simple yes, but get a group of friends playing and some of the stupid shit that happens is worth every penny

TDragonn

Jan 5, 2011
Little Big Planet
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
God of War 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2&3
Resistance 2&3
Infamous

Just to name a few PS3 exclusives... there are a lot more coming out this year.
Then there are always the obvious multiplatform games. Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed series, Bioshock series etc.

Last edited:

Elusid

Jun 26, 2007
Colorado
Little Big Planet
Uncharted: Drakes Fortune
Uncharted 2: Among Thieves
Gran Turismo 5
Heavy Rain
God of War 3
Metal Gear Solid 4
Killzone 2&3
Resistance 2&3
Infamous

Just to name a few PS3 exclusives... there are a lot more coming out this year.
Then there are always the obvious multiplatform games. Batman Arkham Asylum, Assassin's Creed series, Bioshock series etc.

This + Demons Souls

Dogz

interior crocodile moderator
Feb 15, 2005
Selling England by the pound
LBP was good to start with but got boring after the game was completed. Fun to play with friends for a while though.

I have no interest in number two as it looks pretty much the same shit as before.

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec