Just in case you were wondering just how well the current version of ONR cleans

Scottwax

Making detailing great again!
May 5, 2000
Home of the Texas Rangers
It was tweaked earlier this year. Benefits of a chemist run company I guess.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Owner received a notice that they were going to power wash the garage starting with the top level. So he moved it down one level. Right where all the runoff ended up going. Originally they just offered a free car wash down the street, he refused. Was able to get them to pay for a wash, clay, polish and seal.

Q3mrJf1.jpg

mxR4yPN.jpg

JTCrgVi.jpg

No pre or post rinsing. Single bucket, 1 oz of ONR to 2 gallons of water. Microfiber covered foam pad to wash, Rag Company 16 x 16 Pro Edgeless towels to dry.

8VvaUHi.jpg

1N2xYGM.jpg

o5ZLGkx.jpg

vUJoTfY.jpg

I'll have to break this up into several posts since OT is still breaking links if you add too many images.

Mercedes

IZLAM hummus king
Feb 14, 2003
Orlando FL
Before

8bnkGD4.jpg

Paint is on the softer side, so Optimum Hyper Polish and a yellow Hexlogic cutting pad did a decent amount of correction.

axaIpVE.jpg

Before

qNHfsba.jpg

Needed Oberk Supreme Cut on this section.

AauP5aA.jpg

ONR wash, clay, Oberk Supreme Cut to spot correct, Hyper Polish and Hyper Seal.

RgfeWX6.jpg

IQjagtv.jpg

gCmW0pf.jpg

RaxPwOo.jpg
There’s one thing that you do that irritates me . Why don’t you ever spray the wheel wells with undercarriage spray. Looks like shit when it’s all gray

ERock

I'm not a cat
OT Supporter
Jan 9, 2002
SoCal
I am running low on Hyper Seal... I think I purchased it direct from Optimum before. It's $50 now.

Any other places carry it?

TS
TS
Scottwax

Scottwax

May 5, 2000
This was a tough one. Late 80s Mercedes SL. Sat outside under a tree the last 10 years his mother owned it, hasn't run in 2 years. Owner wanted it shined up enough to live with the appearance until he can sort out the mechanical issues and get it properly repainted. Top will need to be replaced too. Someone rattle canned the area around where the soft top meets the trunk lid and also around the 380SL emblem. Ugh.

LHKLD8B.jpg

Oberk Supreme Cut and their microfiber cutting pad. Multiple passes. Able to bring back the gloss, the leaf damage is too deep to remove. Maybe wetsanding would make a marginal improvement but he didn't want to spend too much since it will eventually be repainted.

zCy7ieh.jpg

Right side compounded

paMc0VT.jpg

Fully compounded, still has leaf/tree damage visible.

1ucXHO4.jpg

After Hyper Polish

SfjxdGx.jpg

Its not perfect by any means but at least its a 5' car now. Owner was very happy with the improvement.

Oberk, Hyper Polish, Hyper Seal

2Xp1YnA.jpg

HJWUFv6.jpg

zQrJtZY.jpg

xr3o0Y2.jpg

TS
TS
Scottwax

Scottwax

May 5, 2000
There’s one thing that you do that irritates me . Why don’t you ever spray the wheel wells with undercarriage spray. Looks like shit when it’s all gray

I did but they apparently has never been cleaned, you should have seen them before. Even dressed them. Focus wasn't the wheel wells and getting them perfect. On most cars I hit them with Power Clean and rinse them before dressing.

Narc

Stuck in the #CroneZone
OT Supporter
Aug 10, 2005
@Scottwax how can you ensure you get the newest ONR?

Is there a way to tell on the bottle or anything?

Neo22

Dec 20, 2003
The land of confusion
It was tweaked earlier this year. Benefits of a chemist run company I guess.

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. Owner received a notice that they were going to power wash the garage starting with the top level. So he moved it down one level. Right where all the runoff ended up going. Originally they just offered a free car wash down the street, he refused. Was able to get them to pay for a wash, clay, polish and seal.

Q3mrJf1.jpg

mxR4yPN.jpg

JTCrgVi.jpg

No pre or post rinsing. Single bucket, 1 oz of ONR to 2 gallons of water. Microfiber covered foam pad to wash, Rag Company 16 x 16 Pro Edgeless towels to dry.

8VvaUHi.jpg

1N2xYGM.jpg

o5ZLGkx.jpg

vUJoTfY.jpg

I'll have to break this up into several posts since OT is still breaking links if you add too many images.

Is whats on Amazon not what is current? Bottle looked the samee

TS
TS
Scottwax

Scottwax

May 5, 2000
2019 Bentley. Owner originally had it shipped to his dad's house in Palm Springs and had a certified Opti-Coat installer in Phoenix come out and coat it. Unfortunately whoever was washing the car for his dad was doing a shitty job (contacted the person who coated it, he said the dad's Yukon looked like shit even though it was clean) and swirled up the paint. So whenever I go out to clean it up, detail the interior, etc, I compound, polish and recoat a section. So far I've redone the hood and trunk area. Didn't have the keys this time so I couldn't move it back and forth to get the rust off the ginormous rotors.

m5mR1Pa.jpg

Wc4LJ1i.jpg

Jkhne6J.jpg

Also take care of his Range Rover. Applied Paint Guard to it about a year ago, just a wash and interior detail (wasn't bad enough for before/afters) this time.

aq4QM6b.jpg

iTIVzIX.jpg

I23wh6v.jpg

TS
TS
Scottwax

Scottwax

May 5, 2000
Is whats on Amazon not what is current? Bottle looked the samee

I have no idea what would be on Amazon. They may have ample stock they haven't ordered in a while. Or they may be getting in new stock all the time. :dunno:

Unless there is a major reformulation, it won't get a "new" sticker. They just do running improvements. I noticed the last gallon I got in the paint felt slicker than usual, others had as well. Got word after that showed up on Optimum's pro Facebook page there had been a couple tweaks to the current version.

Reactions: daze

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DSimnovec