Just missed my flight to Chile

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
They wouldn’t let me board without a document specifically stating I have $30,000 healthcare coverage for Covid-19. Proof of insurance didn’t matter, they needed a dollar amount specific to Covid-19 coverage. My insurance company has never heard of such a thing and was no help. I honestly should have just sent myself a bullshit email.

I have insurance, I submitted proof of vaccination weeks ago and also resubmitted within 48 hours and got a QR code health certificate. Thought I had everything in order.

So since my insurance is no help, wish their a 3rd party insurance company anyone would recommend? Again, it has to state those things about the dollar amount and mention Covid-19. The people at the gate were no help.

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
They wouldn’t let me board without a document specifically stating I have $30,000 healthcare coverage for Covid-19. Proof of insurance didn’t matter, they needed a dollar amount specific to Covid-19 coverage. My insurance company has never heard of such a thing and was no help. I honestly should have just sent myself a bullshit email.

I have insurance, I submitted proof of vaccination weeks ago and also resubmitted within 48 hours and got a QR code health certificate. Thought I had everything in order.

So since my insurance is no help, wish their a 3rd party insurance company anyone would recommend? Again, it has to state those things about the dollar amount and mention Covid-19. The people at the gate were no help.
That's infuriating, but it also sounds like you could just flash a phony email to them and they'd let you go.

Samcanadian

Said Amazon
Jul 30, 2005
Winnipeg
So I looked online and it says exactly that:

• Passengers that are not resident in Chile must also show evidence of health or travel insurance that covers COVID-related medical care up to a minimum of US$ 30,000 for the duration of their visit. Failure to produce this may result in being refused entry to the country.

imbored

Aug 11, 2005
OKC
TS
TS
DrewDown

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
That's infuriating, but it also sounds like you could just flash a phony email to them and they'd let you go.

I just sent this to my gf. I honestly wish I had through to try it. But I was in a panic trying to get ahold of my insurance company

LFx34NL.jpg

runkle

Feb 22, 2005
cloud 9

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest

• Passengers that are not resident in Chile must also show evidence of health or travel insurance that covers COVID-related medical care up to a minimum of US$ 30,000 for the duration of their visit. Failure to produce this may result in being refused entry to the country.
dont go bringing facts into this

TS
TS
DrewDown

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson

Yeah it for sure says it. I just didn’t think that specific dollar amount thing would be an issue. I travel to Mexico a lot and if you look at the rules it’s completely different than what they actually require. I’m traveling with seasoned travelers and none of them were expecting that.

Reactions: Dusty Busterson

Ranger-AO

IED Hunter
OT Supporter
Nov 23, 2004
A bad place
The airline usually has a big notice at the top of your ticket confirmation page that says something like "click here to view required covid related documents" or something similar.

Tell me you didn't RTFM without telling me you didn't RTFM. :squint:

Reactions: GonadWarrior
TS
TS
DrewDown

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
just go to TJ for some hookers and blow

same thing
I’m in Lima Peru. Peru is strict on the masks but didn’t give a fuck about documents when entering. Spain was the same. We have proof of vaccination and neg test and nobody even looked at it.

borazhasleftthebuilding

half black lives matter, too
OT Supporter
Feb 11, 2005
in da forest
Yeah it for sure says it. I just didn’t think that specific dollar amount thing would be an issue. I travel to Mexico a lot and if you look at the rules it’s completely different than what they actually require. I’m traveling with seasoned travelers and none of them were expecting that.
they should have read the times of india

its been in place since october

Reactions: bearsdidit

GH0ST

OT Supporter
Jul 5, 2003
GA
You never thought to think about traveling to another country while COVID is still around and wondering if they have restrictions?

Reactions: Jinx and canning
TS
TS
DrewDown

DrewDown

Jan 4, 2006
Tucson
The airline usually has a big notice at the top of your ticket confirmation page that says something like "click here to view required covid related documents" or something similar.

Tell me you didn't RTFM without telling me you didn't RTFM. :squint:

Dude I can’t even keep it straight with all the hoops we jumped through.

• Support
Reactions: Ranger-AO

Users who are viewing this thread

About Us

• Please do not post anything that violates any Local, State, Federal or International Laws. Your privacy is protected. You have the right to be forgotten. Site funded by advertising, link monetization and member support.
OT v15.8.1 Copyright © 2000-2022 Offtopic.com
Served by fu.offtopic.com

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddunn9448